Saturday, October 30, 2010

Savannah

As you’ve probably read on my sister Tania’s blog, we took a trip this past week to Savannah.  We had such a great time and it was nice to get away by ourselves to spend some much needed “sister time” together.

We stayed at the Eliza Thompson House, which was beautiful!  Our room was gorgeous as was the courtyard.  The breakfast was fabulous and the service was great too. 

DSCN3351

The front of the Inn

DSCN3362

Our room

DSCN3347

DSCN3348

View of the Courtyard

DSCN3393

The courtyard had lots of little statues that something about me thought were cute. 

DSCN3383DSCN3385

Except this one…I found it to be a little gross.  Is he throwing up?!

DSCN3384

I liked this one in particular because it reminded me of one of the “monkey motions” my boys do all the time!

DSCN3390

See!!

IMAG0059

IMAG0060

DSCN3391

We spent most of our time doing lots of walking!!  Which was needed because of all the yummy food we stuffed ourselves with while we were there!!

Our favorite food places were “The Lady & Sons” & “Barnes.”

DSCN3345

Yes, I made the most of the buffet!  I wanted to try a little bit of EVERYTHING!!!

DSCN3340

I might be craving a pork sandwich from Barnes just by looking at this picture…mmmmm!!

DSCN3355

I just loved how they differentiated their tea choices…

DSCN3356

We had said before we went that we weren’t interested in doing any tours, we’d just walk around and enjoy Savannah at our own pace.  However, we did find a tour that would come pick us up at our B&B, and take us on a tour around the historic district.  That was one of the best tours I’ve been on.  It was an open trolley ride around town, and our guide was very informative….down to the fact that the bench Tom Hanks sat on in Chippewa Square during the filming of Forrest Gump was actually a bench from the Home Depot…I had no idea!

Tania & I on the trolley tour

DSCN3364

Not sure why I took a picture of this, something about “Sorry Charlie’s” struck my fancy!

DSCN3331

So many homes were decorated for Fall & Halloween.  I loved this particular courtyard

DSCN3357DSCN3358

I had to snap this shot on the move…it’s the bar/restaurant that Julia Roberts stood outside of in her jammies as she tracked down her cheating husband in the movie “Something to Talk About.”

DSCN3368

Some beautiful homes…

DSCN3370DSCN3371DSCN3376

The stairs we took down to River Street

DSCN3399

Loved the sidewalks on River Street

DSCN3400

We definitely saw some interesting sights, like this painting of “Reclining Salad…”

DSCN3401

….and this Fall display with the garishly large pumpkin!

DSCN3402

The Historic District of Savannah is a beautiful place to visit, and the time with my sister was priceless!!  I can’t wait until we can plan our next (hopefully) annual trip!                             

2 comments:

  1. So after looking at the pictures of our "meals" that we ate in Savannah, I am wanting another BBQ sandwich. (YUMMY!!!) Had fun and can't wait to see where our adventures take us to next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this?!? What a fun trip with your sister! I love savannah and think its def a great girls trip city! Y'all need to do charleston next!

    ReplyDelete