Sunday, October 3, 2010

First Deer of the Season

Here’s a few pics of the first deer Jesse got this season.  It’s a 5 point that he killed this morning in the club here by the house.

DSCN3092 DSCN3101 DSCN3100    DSCN3093 The boys were really excited!!  They both can’t wait until they’re big enough to go hunting with Daddy.  Wyatt told me this morning, “Momma, when I get big I’m gonna get a shotgun out of your room and go to the woods and miss a turkey!”  I asked him if he meant he was going to kill a turkey, and of course he said yes! 

Part of me is sad to think that in a few years, I’m going to be sitting here waiting by myself for all my guys to get home from the woods, and part of me is a little bit excited at the prospect of being all by myself with a good book (or the mall!) Either way, I know that day will be here before I know it…

2 comments:

  1. Don't rush that day, it will be here before you know it. Congratulations on getting meat for the freezer to feed your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like me girlfriend! I can't wait til my boys get to go off with daddy and I get the whole weekend to myself!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete