So far, things are going well, a little too well, which makes me kinda nervous. It's 1:00 and the boys are both, yes, both, sleeping. I put them down at 12:30 and only had to go back in there once and be mean momma. Awesome. I am showered (still in bathrobe and head wrap, but showered nonetheless), my house is (relatively) clean, laundry is (mostly) done...I think I'm good. Hopefully this will be the case for the rest of the day.
This morning has been fun...I was in the kitchen, Wyatt walks in, points to the window and says "bug." OK, so at this point I'm kinda dreading turning around because I am less than a fan of bugs, and should there actually be a bug in our house, Jesse is the one on infinite bug duty. So, I turn around and look, and in our windowsill is our friend that has taken up part time residence.... a lizard. Wyatt has deemed him "bug" because either he can't remember "lizard" or else it's just too darn hard to say!
Later on, Wyatt (aka Monkey boy) was climbing on something he has been told time and time again not to, so, once again I get him down and tell him "NO!" (mean momma comes out again) he looks at me, grins, and says "yes?" What do I say to that?!? The point is not to laugh, right?!? He makes it very hard and he knows that that little grin almost always gets to me. What to do? I can't help myself sometimes.
Waylon has not been in trouble at all today, well, except for when he wanted to hide under his Cars couch, and thought Wyatt should too, and proceeded to chase him through the living room with the couch on his head trying to corral Wyatt under there with him. Unfortunately, Wyatt did not wish to be wrangled and so, Way and I had to have a little heart to heart about what he thinks is fun, others may not. Too funny, the mental picture still cracks me up!
So, my point being, it is a little eerie that today has gone so well without any major mishaps, (other than when I was taking Wyatt to bed, I was climbing over the baby gate with him in my arms, and almost fell as I almost tripped over the Backyardigans, Mickey Mouse, and Winnie the Pooh balls that they had thrown over...) I am hoping that this afternoon appt with the dreaded speech therapist goes well too.

No comments:
Post a Comment