Let me just start by saying this...I LOVE NAPTIME. Not necessarily my own, although it is nice every once in a while, but when those boys both take a nap at the same time....pure bliss. Now, granted, I should be doing something productive while they're sleeping, like maybe washing that mountain of dishes in the sink, or picking up toys that I didn't feel like picking up last night (not to mention all the stuff they've pulled out this morning), or doing one of the probably 3 loads of laundry that need to be done (5 if you count the ones in the washer and dryer, and oh yeah, 6 if you count the basket of towels that needs to be folded, but who's counting? Certainly not me.) Anyway, I've found that if I just sit here and type with my back to all that, it doesn't bother me at all. Moving right along....back to where I started. Now, I know every one of you moms feel the same way. There is something magical about a nite-nite. I feel so refreshed once I've had just that hour & a half of me time, even if it's just sitting down and watching mindless TV or blogging :) or painting my toenails. I can actually hear myself think (which sometimes might not be so good).

Gosh, he's so sweet when he's sleeping!
Relax, he can breathe fine...and he's claimed the Boppy as his own
We have had quite the day today and I have worn those boys out so that by the time we had gotten out of the Trenton city limits they were asleep!! Awesome. I love it. We visited Carrie at the Journal, we were supposed to have lunch, but Waylon thought GCJ was WAY more fun than lunch, even after the promise of french fries.

He had a great time playing with the phone!
The pencils were lots of fun!!
We went and saw Nana at work, then got some lunch and ate at the park. They played for a little while, not on the playground equipment mind you, but they did run all around the whole park (like all the way back to those old bathrooms) and I definitely got my workout chasing them down. Boy, after all that those eyelids were heavy and it surely didn't take long for them to nod off. So, here I sit knowing that I should get up and get all that cleaning done so I don't have to spend my weekend doing housework....or maybe I could just turn my back to it a little longer....out of sight out of mind, right?!?
PS- I had to leave this post for a while and come back to it...just wanted to let you know in the meantime I did get above things accomplished :)
I stumbled on your blog through Carrie's. I hope you don't mind. I love reading about your boys. It makes me look forward to when Zane gets bigger. Also, about the speech thing, I have to tell you...by the time kids get to sixth grade we sometimes don't even know they have "labels." Those who haven't had the labels removed, but have mastered the skills get along just like everyone else. There is no shame in it, just some adjustment.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed your visit very much. That was the most excitement we had had all week. I, too, love reading about your boys. They are just so darn cute!
ReplyDeleteAwesome post Crystal! Your page is so pretty. Would you mind if I put a link to your blog on my blog page?
ReplyDelete