Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Greased Monkeys

Along with sick comes.....ECZEMA!!!! For those of you who haven't experienced this, it's not a huge deal, just kinda ugly. Both the boys have it and it flares with weather changes and sickness. Waylon gets very itchy and it mostly affects his legs which are already bruised and scraped, so now he looks like he has some funky disease on his legs too!! Wyatt, poor thing, his usually gets on his face, normally in the same spot on his left cheek. Well, this time he has it on both cheeks, round scaly patches that look like they would be bothersome, but are apparently not to him. I think the only part that bothers Wyatt is Jesse and I holding him down to put the eczema cream on his face. Poor Waylon just scratches to his little heart's content. Lotion is a given at our house, the point is to keep their skin hydrated to prevent the eczema from flaring or at least keep it from getting so bad. So, we bathe in Aveeno, and lotion in Aveeno and eczema cream in Aveeno (see a trend here?) I could be on the CEO board for Aveeno. I'm sure our family alone keeps them in business!

I'm loving the rainy weather today. Something about it being cold and rainy just make the house seem warm and cozy. These days are especially good for snuggling. Wyatt has learned "rain" in the past week or so. Yesterday, it was raining and we told Wyatt to look out the window and tell us what he saw. He runs to the window, looks out, turns around and says "Wainin' wain!" We had quite the chuckle over that one. The child amazes me. Something new every day. Tania was trying to give him his vitamins/iron treatment the other day (which I tasted and it is AWFUL...made me want to cut my tongue off...so we mix it in applesauce for him) anyway, he shakes his head and says "all done, tank tu" as if being polite could get him out of taking it! He's a charmer all right! What Waylon lacks in speech, Wyatt makes up enough for the both of them. I can see Wyatt rolling his eyes one day and saying, "Mom, he SAID....." Waylon seems to be trying harder though. I think he may be a little stubborn. Just maybe. I don't know where that comes from....

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is thank the Lord that therapist isn't stopping by this week with ya'll all sick and laying around in your lotion!

    I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories about your boys. They are SO cute. Have you tried giving Waylon an Aveeno Oatmeal Bath? When I was in hives that was what really helped the itching. You are so funny Crystal. Hope y'all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone. This is one mama who can COMPLETELY sympathize. Braleys’ skin is affected by the weather, her clothes, the grass, the pollen, and eggs, dairy and slightly to wheat. Dairy is the big one.Does anyone know how hard it is to keep dairy minimal is a 2 year olds diet? I will hope that you have also been told they should grow out of it by the time they are 5. If my doctor is wrong on this I think I might just snap…. have you seen that show.. those women know how to go off the deep end 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Ashley, I know...and for Waylon, it's eggs. I'm sure you know how hard that one is. They are both slightly iffy with dairy, so we do lactose free milk but they can handle cheese and yogurt. I have been quite creative and now can make muffins, pancakes, cookies, etc with applesauce or mushed bananas instead of egg. I think creativity and LOTS of patience is the key.

    ReplyDelete