We should be starting speech with him soon, we're waiting on the speech therapist to give us a call to set it up. I'm really excited but nervous at the same time, I can't help but wonder sometimes why he's not where he should be. I can't help but put the blame on myself just to have someone or something to blame, and it's hard for me as a mom to realize that this is just him and it's not black and white and I may not necessarily be able to put my finger on an exact cause. I go through all the time, maybe I let him watch too much TV, maybe I didn't spend enough time working with him after Wyatt was born for those few months I was in a sleep deprived fog, maybe I should have intervened earlier....it goes on and on. But, still as yet, there's not much to do now other than what we are, so now I guess we wait and see. We go to the ENT on the 26th to do a hearing screen and have his tonsils and adenoids checked out. I feel like I'm doing everything I can, sometimes I'm ok with it and some days I think it's not enough. I'm realizing that I should just shut up, quit worrying and give it to God, I know that that will get me a lot further than stressing over it. So that is my resolve, to sit back and trust. Geez, that sounds so easy, right?!? So, friends, next time I start whining about things that are beyond my control, please, tell me, Crystal...shut up and pray!


As mothers I think that handing over our children's problems to God and just praying is one of the hardest things for us to do. We know that is what we are suppose to do but our motherly instinct is too worry ourselves to death...lol I think that you are doing everything you can do and I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and we will all continue to pray with you :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle D.