Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ready to quit and we haven't even started

Well. The speech therapist calls me yesterday. Said phone call goes something like this:

Me: Hello?

Speech Lady: Hi, this is Reb-

Me: Hey! How are you?

SL: Oh, OK, so you know who I am

Me: Yeah, what's going on?

SL: Well, I was supposed to come out on Tuesday at 4:00 and I was wondering if I could come at 5:00 instead. I need to work in another family that I only see once a month and they are very hard to get in touch with so I need to move your appointment.

Me: (awkward silence as I try to be nice) Ummm, no, 5 isn't good for me. I start getting ready for work at 5 and it's just crazy trying to get supper going and get ready...so....no, I can't do 5.

SL: Weellll....hmmmm.....I don't know what I can do then.....

Me: Can you come out first thing Tuesday morning?

SL: How early is first thing?

Me: I get home at about 8:00.

LONG PAUSE......................................................................(get the picture)

SL: Oh, that's really early, but you know I'm trying to work around you here so I guess I could do that...

Me: (rolling eyes and thinking she's oh so kind to be thinking about my needs) That'd be great!! (smile with clenched teeth...they say you can hear a smile over the phone...can you hear the teeth grinding too?) Just as long as I can get to bed by 10:00 that should be fine.

SL: Oh, no, I have another appointment at 9:30 so I won't be there too long.

Me: OK, well I guess I'll see you Tuesday.

So, I am already a little frustrated with this whole thing!! I'm trying to do what's right for my kid but these people are really not making it easy!! I was assured at the beginning that these peeps work with me and my schedule....but, I guess if I look at it another way, it's free so I have to work around their schedule to an extent. I told Jesse about above phone call and he says "No wonder people drop out of the program." (That's how we got in so soon!) OOOHHH girls....please pray for my nerves and my tongue...oh yeah, pray for Way's tongue too...that it will start making words properly!!!

(PS- As I type this, Way is on my lap saying "No, no, no" Don't know what that's about, but it's a word...now he's waving bye to the computer, I think he wants me to stop HAHA!!)

2 comments:

  1. So, why couldn't she just go to the other peeps house at 5pm and still come out to you at 4pm? Oh, well. Just keep your head up and spirits high. Way and the fam as a whole will benefit from everything, cause you're working together. Always in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I will pray for your nerves. Frankly, if she keeps this up, I won't be praying for your tongue. If you have a business, or service, you need to begin working around their schedules...NOT turning them down, b/c it's too early. What does she have... banker's hours? Lord help. If she continues, I hope that you do say something to her. Doesn't she know the world doesn't revolve around her? I hope it gets better pal. :)

    ReplyDelete