There is something about little boys that makes them giggle at all things, well, shall we say, a little yucky. Case in point. Yesterday morning, Wyatt was looking at a book and found a bear, which, I will hand it to him, looked quite similar to Winnie the Pooh. So, he points at it and says "Pooh, Pooh." As I'm praising him for being so observant (it was a REALLY tiny bear) I hear Waylon on the couch, chuckling ever so quietly to himself and saying, "Poop." I turn around and inform him that nobody is even remotely talking about poop and he starts giggling, no, more like cackling, uncontrollably over the word "poop." He also gets in a tizzy when you say "stinky" or "butt." I didn't realize that the fascination with icky words started so young!! (Although, I have to admit, it makes me proud that he recognizes those words and knows what they are...yes, I delight in the small things!)
Another fascination with my boys is.....boobies. Oh yes, they know what they are and make sure to point them out in any of my shirtless moments. OK, I promise I'm not one of those free-love, nuts and berries, walk around naked kind of people. But occasionally, I do need a shower, and with these kids you can do nothing in peace. So, when I get out of the shower, or if they're in my room with me when I'm getting dressed, you hear "boobies!!" Yep, that's right guys, way to know body parts. Wyatt is so smart that he also knows what a bra is, will bring me one and say "boobies." (Are you sure you want Allie to date my boys now, Carrie?!?) I've always said that I wanted my boys and Jesse and I to have a relationship where we can talk about anything, and that they'd never be ashamed to talk or ask questions about body parts or functions, but, once again, I didn't know it'd start this early!! Moving on....
The boys are now in big boy beds!! We've been dreading this day, we've had really good sleep for probably the past year and a half, and we were not looking forward to them being able to get out of bed on their own and possibly roam the house at night. We figured as long as they weren't climbing out and having the potential to hurt themselves, that we'd just leave them in there until they did or kindergarten, whichever came first. (I'm kidding about the kindergarten thing...sort of.) Well, Mr. Monkey, (AKA Wyatt) has successfully climbed out twice and not so successfully gotten stuck on top of the rail twice, so we thought it was time. Jesse took their cribs apart and converted them to beds on Wednesday night. They've done really well so far, at night time anyway, they've stayed in their beds and gone to sleep and slept all night (I don't want to brag too much, as soon as I do, I know they'll give us a hard time!) Naptime is a different story, apparently Aunt Tania wasn't as scary as Daddy when telling them to stay in their beds and go to sleep. But, with some supervision (Aunt Tania sitting in their room until they fell asleep, well until Waylon fell asleep anyway) they do pretty well. The only problem is that Wyatt likes to play in Waylon's bed, and of course, Waylon will have none of that. He has had no problem learning the words "no" and "mine." And he uses them very frequently!!
It seems like in just the past few weeks they have grown so much and are learning so many new things!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my, those little Rodgers boys, never a dull moment with them!! Love those guys so much.
ReplyDelete