Monday, February 2, 2009

Warning: Random Thoughts about Mom-hood Ahead

I really have nothing to blog about today, just a few random thoughts, so here goes:

First of all, I was watching my boys play today and realized that they are so sweet, funny, curious, a little obnoxious, somewhat strange, and overall amazing and wonderful. They never cease to amaze me. It seems like everyday there are lightbulbs flashing all over the place as they learn and discover new things. They are very, very silly and keep me chuckling.

I have come to the conclusion that out of the two, Wyatt will most likely be my "ER baby." That kid is on his 2nd busted lip, right now he has a scratch on his chin where he fell off the toy box, and it seems like I'm always finding a new bruise. He's a tough one though, he'll cry for a second until he gets brushed off and cleaned up then he's off and running again!


I have also come to another conclusion that I'm turning into the mom I said I'd never be! Never fear, it's not too bad.....there are just so many things I said I wouldn't do that I now laugh at myself as I find myself doing them. For instance, I said I'd not let my kids watch too much TV, I would never buy character t-shirts (I still think they're tacky), and I'd make my kids eat their vegetables and they would NOT know what McDonald's was when we drove by the golden arches. Alas, I have failed myself. My kids LOVE Blue's Clues, Backyardigans, Sid the Science Kid, Super Why, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Imagination Movers. I have to admit though, Waylon does learn from a lot of these. He knows most of the songs and tries his hardest to sing them, and he dances right along with the Imagination Movers dance, and tries his best to sing along with the theme song from Sid. He sings pieces from our Backyardigans CD, granted the words may not all be formed, but he's right along with the tune and melody!! Next, the character t-shirts, let's just say my Wyatt loves his "Mouse" shirt, jammies, and fleece hoodie!! I swore I'd never do it, but it's worth the tackiness to see those eyes light up! (We also have a couple of My Friends Tigger and Pooh apparel items too, just for the record) As for McDonald's...well, Waylon doesn't eat anything, so I figure those french fries are better than nothing (I'm sure some nuts-n-berries granola mom out there is appalled, oh well, gotta fatten him up somehow). I also said I'd never let my kids out of the house in ridiculous outfits or without shoes, and we know how that turned out!! I have learned in my short time as a mom that some things that seem so important just really aren't, and it's not worth it to fret over such small things. My priorities have shifted now and I think as long as my kids grow up to be respectful, God-fearing, happy, healthy individuals (and not too bratty), then Jesse and I have done our jobs.


This is them (Wyatt in his "Mouse" shirt) watching TV in my bed (which is usually off-limits) so I could get myself ready to go!



My boys are FUNNY!!! I think they get that from their Daddy. Now I have 3 guys at this house that keep me in stitches. Alone, they are funny, get them all three together and it's a riot! The little boys just do random, silly things that crack me up. Like today when they both had bowls on their heads for hats...too cute, I'm telling you.


My "bowl-heads"

I also underestimate how good my kids can be. Granted, they are toddlers, so they are by no means angels, in fact, most of the time I feel I am reprimanding them to try my best to get them to be well-behaved. Sometimes I forget that they do know how to play nicely and be good. For instance, a little while ago, I could hear Waylon playing in the kitchen, but not Wyatt, and you all know that silence is usually not a good thing. I went in there yelling for Wyatt, got a little nervous because I couldn't find him and then looked back in the living room and realized that he was sitting on the floor, being so good and playing so quietly that I had walked right by him and didn't even see him!

That's all for my random mommy thoughts today, I'm sure there'll be much more to come!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the random mommy thoughts. And the pictures cracked me up. Rheba was my mom's ER Baby. We went there when she fell down the stairs, we went there when she fell out of the dining room chair and bumped her head...we even went there when she stuck the nerd candy up her nose (and it started fizzling). Not to mention the asthma attacks. Your boys are so cute. I can't wait to read more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Crystal! You are such a funny person with a great sense of humor. I really enjoy reading your blog. It is too true all the things you think you will never do...until you do it. Oh well, we all must choose our battles, right?

    ReplyDelete