On Sunday, we decided to go to Ocala. (Wyatt had a rash, so I could not, in good conscience, take him to church...I'm sure God will forgive me) A friend of mine from work had told me that the flea market on I-75 is so great and that Sunday is the best day to go. Knowing me, I love a good deal, and you just never know what treasures you may find at the flea market, so we grabbed some cash from the ATM and off we went. OK, now, by this point if you may even have a slight smidgen of consideration of going to this flea market...save it for something else. This was definitely NOT the best one I've been to. Waldo is much better & even the little one in Chiefland is borderline in comparison with this one. I told Jesse that we should just take ourselves and our cash and take the boys to Silver Springs for the afternoon. So we did. We had a good time, saw lots of critters, and bottom line, got those boys out of the house for some fun! I was surprised at how interested they were in the animals, and how not interested they were in the carousel!! Neither one of them wanted to ride on it, but yet they rode on 2 boat rides and the lighthouse ride that takes you 80 feet in the air!! Seeing as how the carousel was at the end of the day & they were tired (and honestly, those carousel animals do look a little creepy) I can't say I blame them for not wanting to ride. So, here are a few pics of our day and some of the sights we saw!! A great time was had by all!!!
Wyatt on one of the boats, the guide had just started talking, Wyatt told everyone to "SHHH"
Waylon checking out the glass bottom
Wyatt and Daddy taking in the sights on the boat
"CHEESE!!!"
Those black bears had Wyatt in deep thought....
Kodiak bear...that thing was HUGE!!
Having a lazy Sunday afternoon enjoying the beautiful weather
A really big turtle...don't remember what kind it is
Cougar...this one was happy just sleeping in the sun, didn't even wake up for us!
No, that's not my kid feeding it...I didn't want that big ol nasty black tongue on my baby's hands!!
Sleepy boys...they didn't even make it back out to the highway...good times make good naps!!

My goodness! Looks like y'all had an eventful Sunday. I bet the boys had a blast! It's a shame that the flea Market wasn't as good as it was cracked up to be. But at least y'all made the most of the day.
ReplyDelete