Yesterday we went to the park for our cousin Trey's first birthday party. My boys had a blast!! I was so proud of Waylon. For those of you who don't know, my precious firstborn is a scaredy cat. Seriously, he's scared of everything. (Well, maybe not everything...there I go exaggerating again...) Anyway, his list of fears, right off the top of my head include: swimming pools, slides, being held upside down by Daddy, helium balloons that aren't weighted down and most recently the shadowy lady on the Symbicort commercial. I am proud to say that he overcame one of them and went down the slide at the park ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!! I was under the pavilion with the party, and Waylon, as usual, was off playing on the playset, (totally not with the party, but with one of his most favorite people, ever, my niece Kaelyn) when I happened to look over there and see him going down the slide, and repeatedly at that!!! I almost had a coronary!!! Kaelyn says he just did it, without encouragement from her....maybe Daddy and I just put too much pressure on him! Here are a few pics from our afternoon at the park.
Kaelyn
Peek-a-boo!
Me & "Mini-Me"
Wyatt had another fashion moment...this time just with regular boots, not the water boots, but still with shorts. Bless his heart, I really hope he grows out of this (not too fast, because right now it is a little cute, but doing it in 3rd grade is sure to get him picked on.) At one point, he had his goody bag with balloon tied to it, and also my jumbo sweet tea (which he had claimed as his own) and was parading around the playground like he was the coolest thing ever (and I do happen to think he is one of the 3 coolest things ever....)
After we got home, Daddy took the boys on a ride around our property on the 4-wheeler. At one point, big momma hopped on the back and we rode around scouting out where we wanted to put our garden this year, and where we hope we'll be able to build our house one day. I'm sure people driving by thought that was quite a sight...here's a picture, but minus me....I won't subject you all to that....it was a little humorous though, I'll let you conjour up a mental picture!!
My boys
And now some random ponderings that have nothing to do with anything here
1) I want you all to know, thanks to Annie, I am now the proud owner of a Ped Egg. And I love it. And a note to Lyndsay, if you haven't gotten them already, they sell Sham-Wow's at Walgreens!!!
2) I am taking a poll...I have a hair appt in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to decide how to go with my color...so my options are dark like it is now (see the pic above) or lighter like my profile pic (which was obviously some time ago.)
3) Any ideas on what to do with my kids in church...they're getting too rowdy and not taking naps during the service anymore, so they can't stay in big church, but when I take them to to nursery, they scream and it breaks my heart, I want to cry too. Waylon isn't too bad, but poor Wyatt has a really hard time. I know I should probably just leave them and they'll eventually get used to it, but I'm having a really hard time with it too, as is Jesse....any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Crystal... leave that precious baby alone about those boots!! Quite frankly, I think they are absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteLighter...like the profile picture!
ReplyDeleteThat Wyatt cracks me up!!! He's ALWAYS coming up with some kind of foolishness, which sounds a little familiar...hmmm....
ReplyDeleteAs for the hair, I really like your hair dark, but then again spring/summer is finally coming, praise the Lord, so perhaps lighter is the way to go.
Do the boys have any friends that stay in the nursery already? I'm guessing not since they are still freaked out by it. Have you considered setting up a play date with any kid that goes to the nursery already and is around their age? I was thinking maybe getting familiar with another kid in there might really help. Just a thought. Or maybe you could stay in there with them a few minutes while they got settled in playing, coloring, or in Wyatt's case snacking :) Then slip out once they are preoccupied.
I like your hair dark but just a heads up from someone who has been keeping her hair a reddish brown, lighter hair hides the grey better, not hat I have grey hair or anything.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Carrie about staying in there with him for awhile and then leaving. Or you could get mom to bring Trevor to church and they could hang out in the nursery together.
I must first say that I have never heard your precious little boys being all rowdy during church. I think we Mama’s tend to think that the noise is much worse than it really is.
ReplyDeleteThen again I may not hear them because I am trying to quiet my own. There really is no easy answer to this question. And my answer is a little double sided (which may be helpful) coming from a Mama who has had her crying baby peeled from her leg and from the evil woman who peels your child off at school. Carrie was right on target when she said to try “preoccupying” them. Get them involved in an activity and slowly allow the nursery worker to take your spot as you slowly back away and slip out the back door. As tempting as it may be to stand outside the door RUN….this way if they do cry it isn’t so agonizing. The Mama in me knows the last one is easier said than done… but the teacher in me knows that generally within 10 minutes they are entertained and have forgotten all about it. If nothing else you can have peace knowing that the workers aren’t going to listen to them cry for an hour or better and if they can’t get them soothed quickly…. they WILL come find you.
And for your hair…… I think either hair color will look great. Personally I like the darker hair….but like Carrie said spring is right around the corner. Maybe you might start with some highlights and then go lighter if you wanted.