Sunday, March 15, 2009

Old friends, Wal-Mart insanity, and a breezy afternoon (but not all at the same time!)

Don't you love seeing old friends?!? This past Friday, a group of us from work got together to celebrate the short lived homecoming (well, week long visit anyway) from our good buddy Nichole. We all went out to dinner and had a blast just catching up, hearing about Nichole's new job and being glad we are where we are, and realizing how lucky we are to live in sunshiny Florida and not damp, depressing Washington State! Although I did have to miss the after dinner festivities because of a sick Wyatt at home, it was great to see my Nichole again; the beans to my pork, the Frack to my Frick....etc, etc. :)

The boys spent the day with Nana and Poppa yesterday at their house while I got to go experience the insanity of Wal-Mart on a Saturday. I swear, the crazies must come out of the woodwork on Saturday afternoon!! I have also come to the realization that there are some very rude, inconsiderate people at the Wal-Mart. For example, there was this guy, his wife, and a kid in the buggy blocking the WHOLE entrance of the aisle. Like, she was about halfway down the aisle looking at something, said kid in buggy was blocking half the entrance, and daddy was blocking the other half of the aisle looking at McCormick packets. I stood (rather patiently I thought) for about 30 seconds (which seems like a LOOONNNGGG time when you're ready to get out of that place) thinking he'd notice me and move out of the way, which he didn't so when I very politely said "excuse me" he turned and gave me a nasty look, like it was a huge inconvenience on my part before he scooted over and gave me just enough room to get myself by. This is not an unusual occurrence, but still, when you have to be at the Wal-Mart and just want to get out, these things seem to be that much more bothersome.

After the craziness of Wal-Mart, I went back to Mom & Dad's. We took the boys outside to play and I spread out a blanket and enjoyed the beautiful weather and watching my silly kiddos. Both of them were super excited to be at Nana's and even more excited to get to play with their Poppa! It would have been the perfect day for some steaks on the grill and a picnic. Still as yet, it was getting late and we had to get home. Oh well, maybe some other time. (Have I mentioned I am so ready for summer?!?)


Poppa & Waylon

My big cowboy!


ize=2>So stinkin cute...

Not too sure about that horse....

...but he finally got on!



And this post would not be complete without a picture of Wyatt's fashionable side!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable pics of the boys... their eyes twinkle with spring happiness...


    My momma is looking for the tire horse swing for Charlee for her birthday. Let me know where you got it from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they had a good time with Nana and Poppa. Glad to see the horse swing being used again (actually I think Kaelyn still plays on it but Tyler doesn't).

    A note to Aunt B I think Mom got the tire horse swing from that little feed store across the street from Oak Dale Baptist Church as you are going into Gainesville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! Those boys are too cute. I cannot wait for Allie to get 9 months so we can hang up a swing for her. That girl loves some SPEED so I know she will like swinging back and forth with that wild hair blowing in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see a thing wrong with Wyatt's fashion style. Man what I wouldn't do to change places with them for a day and play on a horse tire swing, okay, maybe I would just trade nap time with them.

    ReplyDelete