I'm super excited for spring and especially Easter! It's one of my most favorite holidays. What an awesome reason to celebrate! Our Savior's resurrection from the grave....Hallelujah!! Although I don't have such a creative spirit that I have started my spring decorating (Carrie & Annie) I am still pretty excited! I would love to be able to have all that fun stuff to create and decorate, but I, sadly, was born without the creative bone. If you had given me a bag with eggs, moss and ribbon who knows what it would've turned out as....probably a bird nest (and not a cutesy one, it'd be all thrown together, looking pretty authentic!) Lord knows, if I ever build a house, I'll have to hire those two to furnish and decorate it!! Martha I am not!! However, I do have a jump start and everything together for the boys' Easter baskets, so I'm not a complete loss! Anyway, I may just get it together enough to make bunnies and lambs with the boys out of paper, glue, and cotton balls. I think that's about my speed.....
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Martha I am not
Oh, I feel like it's been forever since I've posted! I guess I should include a Waylon update...we had his transition meeting at TES last Wednesday and it went very well! They told us that his scores are not nearly low enough to be considered developmentally delayed (praise Jesus!) and that he'll need another screening with the speech therapist at TES to determine what level of speech therapy he'll need. We'll do this screening closer to June and his 3rd birthday. So, this makes me very happy because now I feel like we have more choices about if and how we'll send him to school. Some of our options include him coming only for speech twice a week for 30 mins to an hour, coming for speech then spending a little time in the classroom to practice, or coming to school a couple of days a week in the morning. This makes me feel so much better and not nearly as anxious as before. For now, Early Steps will continue to come out to our house and work with Waylon until he turns 3, then he'll start speech at school in August. God is so good! Waylon's making lots of progress, not just in his speech, but other areas as well. He's also turned into quite the comedian, he has a color matching fish puzzle, and he'll on purpose put the wrong colors together and laugh and say "Noooooo" and just giggle until he finally decides to put it in the right place. I see class clown in his future....hmmm....maybe he does have a little of his Daddy in him!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm super proud of you for already having the whole Easter basket thing pulled together. We have not gotten there just yet! Adam picked out Allie's basket while we were in Michaels on Saturday, and its something special :) but I have NO idea what fun stuff to put in a six month olds basket...Any ideas? Maybe a new pacifier, stuffed bunny, and candy for mommy and daddy! Ha Ha
ReplyDeleteI love Wyatt's ears. Too funny! And I'm so glad y'all's meeting went well at TES. That Waylon's got it all going his way these day--finally! Praise the Lord is right!!!
And by the way, you may not be creative (so you say) but you sure can dance better than I can hello---remember our cheerleader days? Yikes.
I am in the same boat as you ...it is very obvious in my home decor... Thank the Lord the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and not how his woman accessorizes the home or I'd be man less.
ReplyDeleteUndoubtedly TES is the loving-est school on earth. Every child on our campus feels loved. Between Patsy and your mom--watch out Waylon. You can't go wrong sending him there.
Of course Waylon is doing better, his ears are fixed. Remember how ear infections feel? You feel off balance and drunk at times. Think about how he felt and the results of how he felt. No wonder he's sliding now and doing things that he hasn't done before. He will be just fine he just has a little bit of catching up to do.
ReplyDeleteAs for decorating I'm in your same boat so don't feel bad.
Boys are cute as ever, Crystal. Never fear, you are not the only one that is "not a Martha." My mom is as creative as it comes...but it was lost on me.
ReplyDelete