This past Saturday we had our Clark family reunion. This year it was the John Clark family's turn to put it together (read- the Tania & Crystal turn to put it together).
The 2009 Clark Family Reunion Planning Committee
Let me tell you, I am glad it's over!! Now, maybe that sounded a little bad, but really, I can't lie...I am glad. (Sorry to those family members who may be reading this, I mean no offense.) We did have a great turnout, and it was great to see our family that we only get to see a few times a year, and even some people that I had no idea who they were, and also a couple of people that I knew that I had no idea were somehow tied into this crazy bunch I call family! So, the actual reunion part was good, but the planning...ugghh...let's just say I'm glad Dad has lots of brothers and sisters and it'll be a while before Tania and I are the planning committee again!!
First of all, when we went to secure the building (a year in advance) the date we wanted was already taken. OK, not a big deal. Then, when Tania went to pick up the key, the lady told her that they were in the process of building a stage in the community center, it wasn't quite finished and could we please keep people off of it so that it didn't get messed up. Ha. Yeah. OK. Need I say ummm.....my own kids gravitate toward anything with steps, so she could just blow that out the window!! Tania did make "Stay off the stage" signs, but we both decided that we were not going to be the stage police, and that if you were too young to read the sign, oh well! (By the way, after all was said and done, we caused no harm to the stage and we even left our signs up after we left...shows we made an effort haha) Seeing as how this stage is huge and we couldn't utilize it, we had quite the time trying to arrange tables so that we could accommodate everyone. We then went to the DG to get some table coverings, bought them out, then got back and realized that the coverings were NOT BIG ENOUGH!!!! AAGGGHHHH!!!!! Just add another thing to the list. This was at about 8:00 Friday night and Tania and I both still had to go home and cook...we made do with what we had and the buffet, drink and dessert table got covered (with overlapping cloths) and the others were naked. Oh well.
First of all, when we went to secure the building (a year in advance) the date we wanted was already taken. OK, not a big deal. Then, when Tania went to pick up the key, the lady told her that they were in the process of building a stage in the community center, it wasn't quite finished and could we please keep people off of it so that it didn't get messed up. Ha. Yeah. OK. Need I say ummm.....my own kids gravitate toward anything with steps, so she could just blow that out the window!! Tania did make "Stay off the stage" signs, but we both decided that we were not going to be the stage police, and that if you were too young to read the sign, oh well! (By the way, after all was said and done, we caused no harm to the stage and we even left our signs up after we left...shows we made an effort haha) Seeing as how this stage is huge and we couldn't utilize it, we had quite the time trying to arrange tables so that we could accommodate everyone. We then went to the DG to get some table coverings, bought them out, then got back and realized that the coverings were NOT BIG ENOUGH!!!! AAGGGHHHH!!!!! Just add another thing to the list. This was at about 8:00 Friday night and Tania and I both still had to go home and cook...we made do with what we had and the buffet, drink and dessert table got covered (with overlapping cloths) and the others were naked. Oh well.
Thank goodness it was such a pretty day on Saturday and the kids got to play at the park. Like I said...there were LOTS of people in that building!! So, even with the craziness of getting everything together, it did turn out really well and we got lots of compliments on our hard work. It was so great to see aunts, uncles and cousins, some that we hadn't seen since last year. Here is a picture of our Granny Clark's living children that were able to make it this year.
Uncle JC, Uncle Bill, Dad, Aunt Betty Sue, Aunt Alice, Aunt Christine & Aunt Clara Mae
All in all it was a good day and we had a good time. Good luck to Aunt Clara Mae and her family with the planning for next year!!! :)

You've been Blog MIA for a while! Glad you had a new post! And I LOVE family reunions! Love that yall switch around in who plans them. By the way, Annabelle got the cutest card in the mail the other day, one that will soon appear on a post on my blog!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that y'all have a family reunion. I so wish my family would do that. Then I could post some colorful pictures!!! (Not comments mind you, but pictures).
ReplyDeleteBy the way, the stinky ear was completely normal according to the dr.