I feel so behind because I'm just now getting to posting about Easter!! We did have a wonderful Easter Sunday. We got up Sunday morning and let the boys get in to their Easter baskets before church. They got lots of stuff in there, including M&M's and jelly beans. They've never had jelly beans before, so when Wyatt's bunny egg came open and his jelly beans fell out he yells, "Balls! Uh-oh!" When we showed him that they were edible, he put one in his mouth and his little face lit up! I swear, just seeing that look on his face was worth the wait to let him have candy!! Up until this point, they haven't really had any type of candy but the occasional M&M, so those jelly beans were a big treat!!
This is before they woke up....
Then the aftermath!
After we got the kids good and sugared up we got ready and went to church, where, as we were sitting and listening to the cantata, Jesse looks down and notices that my pretty brand new white Easter shoes still had the price tag on them! I don't know how I didn't notice it, it wasn't bothering me a bit...call me Minnie Pearl! Oh well, I loved my Easter outfit, tag and all! I have to admit too that I did get a little jealous seeing all those little girls in their pretty dresses and reading other friends posts and seeing those precious babies in their Easter finery...but I do believe my boys were very handsome in their Easter duds too!
After church we went to Mom & Dad's for lunch with the family and an Easter egg hunt. Lunch was yummy, you know I love me some baked ham! We were also celebrating Tania's birthday and her cake was delicious if I do say so myself (and I do). It was such a great day to get together to celebrate not only Tania's birthday, but the resurrection of our Lord Jesus! Hallelujah! He is risen!!
We had the egg hunt and Wyatt was all about it. Waylon, on the other hand, couldn't care less about those eggs and had a blast running around the yard. It all ended too soon and before we knew it it was time to head on over to Nana Kaye's house for her Easter festivities.
For some reason, this one keeps posting sideways...oh well, you can see who had the most luck with the egg hunt!
Waylon did a lot better at this egg hunt, the eggs were actually just scattered out on the grass and easy to find, so he was picking up eggs and putting them in his basket like a mad man! At one point he kept saying something that sounded like, "I get 'em, I get 'em!" Whatever it was, he was excited! Soon though, the novelty wore off and he was back to just running around. Wyatt stayed with it a little longer, mainly because he wanted almost every plastic egg to be opened on the spot to see what treasure it held!
By the time we got home, we had some dirty, tired little boys. The day was wonderful and we had a great time visiting with family and watching the boys play. I have to say that Easter is one of my favorite holidays and I can't wait until next year to do all this again!!
PS- These pictures were too cute, so I had to post them just for fun!

You have two of the cutest boys at MPBC. I'll let you buy Charlee some outfits if you'll let my buy for the boys. I hated that I missed seeing you on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that y'all had a great Easter. The price tag things sounds like something I would do. haha. Minnie Pearl. You crack me up. I love your little boy's "I Get um" attitude. They are cute as always...
ReplyDeleteLooks like ya'll had a big time. I missed seeing little kids hunt eggs this year. Maybe Gus and Allie will be able to next year! Your boys are too cute by the way, and growing like weeds!
ReplyDelete