Waylon James Rodgers
You are 5 1/2 years old! You are about 43.5 inches tall and about 45 pounds. You are in Kindergarten in Mrs. Janie’s class. You don’t love to get up and go to school in the mornings, but usually you’re ok by the time you get to school. You love to eat french fries (Momma & Daddy are trying so hard to broaden your food horizons!), macaroni & cheese, waffles, green beans, tacos, “Farty Marty” cereal (Fruity Pebbles), pan-a-cakes, “white” (vanilla) pudding and Reese peanut butter cups. You love chewing bubble gum and will go through a whole pack in a day if we’d let you. You are doing so well in school! You are learning lots of sight words, and you love learning about punctuation. Especially the EXCLAMATION MARK!!! You’re really, really, really funny and you keep me & Daddy cracking up at some of the things you say and do. You have an awesome sense of direction that amazes Daddy and I…we know that as long as you’re with us, we won’t get lost! You love trains and trucks. You love watching movies, playing on your “DS” (Leapster Explorer) and your iPod (LeapPad). You love, love, love playing outside and driving your tractor all over the yard. You like to help me fold laundry, and you’re the best washcloth folder I know.
Wyatt James Rodgers
You are 4 1/2 years old! You are about 41.5 inches tall and you weigh about 41 pounds. You are in Pre-K in Mrs. Heather, Mrs. Belinda & Ms. Amanda’s class. You love going to school, and you are learning so much this year! You are learning sight words and learning to read! You love eating chicken, fries, steak, salad, pancakes, waffles, cereal, pizza & anything chocolate. You love to play your “DS” and “iPod".” You like playing trains and trucks with your brother, but sometimes it’s hard for you two to share. You like to sing and Momma & Daddy love to listen to you! You say when you grow up you’re going to be a “George Strait singin’ cowboy.” This makes Momma’s heart happy! You’re a great helper and you love to help me cook, fold laundry, and any other task I can come up with. You don’t love to do your chores (like taking out the bathroom trash) and will come up with excuses like, “I’m tired,” or “I just washed my hands!!” You’ve been hunting with Daddy a couple of times and really enjoyed it. You are smart and so so funny!
In 2011:
We had some concerts…
Helped out friends…
Got really dirty…
And clean again…
Had fun with our family…
Went bowling…
Stopped by the beach…
Went camping…
Went fishing…
Starred in a rodeo…
Went on a field trip…
Completed a first year of Pre-K…
Graduated Pre-K…
Ate lots of ice cream and wore an eye patch like we were supposed to (most of the time)…
Took swimming lessons…
Lost a tooth…
Turned 5 years old…
Turned 4 years old…
Rode bikes…
Went to the springs…
Played with sparklers…
Goofed around with our family…
Got a puppy…
Started Kindergarten…
Became a Pre-K Senior…
Went to a first concert…
Dressed up Super & Scary for Halloween…
Went on a hayride…
Went sledding…
Saw Santa…
Were adorable cows…
Had a visiting Elf…
And a New Year’s campout!!
Goodbye 2011…Hello 2012!! Can’t wait to see what this year brings!

Love it!!! Glad I could see you thru school and swimming lessons:)
ReplyDeleteOh boy, oh boy! I can not get over how much those two have grown in a year! I can not wait to see what funny saying(s) Waylon comes up with this year!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post, I love the kids little synopsis of what's going on with them!
ReplyDeleteOk, maybe you reinspired me again to blog. At least I would be doing something to document this wonderful life I've been blessed with. The boys are so cute and look like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteOh how I love this post!!! What a great idea to recap 2011!!!
ReplyDeleteYour boys are just too handsome if there is such a thing! :)