New Year’s Eve of 2011 went off without much fanfare, or party at the Rodgers’. We spent most of the day just hanging out and enjoying the time together.
We got up and had a little “pancake art'” for breakfast…
We hung out at the house for a little while, then went to town to see about a few things. We ended up getting pizza and eating lunch at a local park, and stayed and played for a little while too…
Daddy even got in on the fun!!
We came back home and played a little more…
… and took a little ride.
After dark, Daddy built us a fire and we made s’mores…
…and drank hot chocolate…
…and ate more marshmallows…
…and found out Foxy loves marshmallows too!!
Asking for another marshmallow!
The boys drove around, enjoying being able to play outside in the dark.
They had a “campout” in their room…
…and were asleep by 10:30. (I was informed this morning that they don’t want to sleep in their beds anymore!)
I’d love to say that my sweet husband and I stayed up until midnight and rang in the New Year together…
…but in all actuality, all the guys were out before 11:30, and I rang in the New Year with Dick Clark on Channel 20, this…
…and this.
I did slip through the house at midnight to give kisses and whispered “Happy New Year” to all my guys.
I hope all of you have a Happy and Blessed 2012!!

I think those are the best days, when everyone is just together and happy. And s'mores make it even more special. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI like the way y'all celebrated the new year!
ReplyDeleteGreat book! Happy New year to you and all your guys.
ReplyDeleteThat's my kind of New Year's party! Looks like a sweet day to me :) When did Foxy come home? I thought the dog was still MIA?!
ReplyDeleteThat is my kind of New Year's Party! BTW I love your puppy!! So cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! I ran in the New Year at home with my family too. Snuggled in bed with my little Harrison and sealed with a kiss from my sweetie pie. Miss you bunches!
ReplyDeleteCrystal,
ReplyDeleteIf I wasn't on an antidepressant, I would have cried over that story!! But it did touch my heart so very much! Do you know this is the best day I've had in a whole week? but yet those little girls suffer. It doesn't seem fair!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, I only heard 1/2 of the story...I had to catch the shuttle so I'll have to go to Joy fm website....
ReplyDelete