It's time. I have finally given in (with some gentle persuasion from my dear husband) and admitted that it's time to start potty training (for real this time), because it's become obvious that those boys aren't gonna potty train themselves. Wow. Today was the officially official first day of potty training. (I wonder how many times I can get the phrase "potty training" into this post...hmmmm....) It started out great this morning, Wyatt pooped in the potty first thing, although I can't get my hopes up just yet that this will be the trend every morning. He's also peed on the potty a couple of times today too. And poor Waylon. Well, we all know by now that if it's not his idea, it's not gonna be easy. He wanted nothing to do with Pull-ups or underwear, so we had to take things to extreme measures. We had to hide the diapers. Yesterday we started out with Pull-ups and a huge dramatic fit, then today we did the same with the big boy underwear ("unnaways" as Wyatt calls them). Surprisingly, Waylon didn't have as big of a problem with the undies as I thought he would. He has, however, had big problems with the potty. Like, doesn't want to take the time out from playing to sit down and go. He's too busy for this toilet thing, he prefers to pee on the go. Which, unfortuately for him, directly interferes with his desire not to be wet or sticky....surely he'll get the picture soon!

It has been a long and messy day and I'm thanking the Lord that for our first day, each of them only had to poop once. (Can you post the word "poop?" Oh well, I'm doing it anyway). I had no idea how much pee little boys could generate. And they didn't even drink as much as they usually do today! We have gone through at least 14 pairs of "unnaways" between the two of them so far. I'm forseeing lots of laundry in my future, but worth it for the money in my pocket that I'm saving on those diapers!!!
Did anybody know they made boxer briefs this small?!? How stinkin' cute are those heinies?!?

(By the way, "potty training" = 3 times "potty" = 3 times - HA! Did better than I thought I would!)
stop it. the pictures of them both on their potty chairs reading and then in those teeny tiny boxer briefs is enough to do me in... that is priceless... love it! Hope tomorrow brings lots of pee-pee and poop (IN the POTTY, of course)!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should get a big gold chain and rap for the kids and do the "Potty Dance" like on the pull-ups commercial. Have you seen that one?!?!? RIDICULOUS... When I saw it, I seriously had to sit there for a moment and take it in and then ask myself WHAT is the world coming to?!?!?! :)