I have to brag a bit on my boys. For being Florida babies, they've never been too fond of water, swimming, etc. Today, something changed I guess, because as soon as we got to the pool, both of them wanted their swimmies on and went right into the pool, no persuasion necessary. Waylon even shucked his boots at the gate *jaw dropping here*. I was expecting huge meltdowns and dragging them into the pool, but (not complaining) they proved me wrong. It was so nice to be able to play in the pool without any whining! Wyatt got to be Mr. Independent, didn't want anybody holding onto him and wanted to "swim" around all by himself. He also wanted to jump off of the ledge of the pool, but got very offended when anyone offered to catch him. Oh no, he wanted to jump off and go underwater all by himself, no help needed. Waylon wasn't quite so brave, but after a while, did float some on his own, and also jumped off of the ledge (but only into someone's waiting arms).
My boys are getting to be so big and changing so much everyday. The potty training is getting much better....Waylon kept a dry pull-up all day long and peed in the potty when he had to go!! BIG EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!! He's actually doing really well, it's finally clicked, not to get my expectations too high up there, but he's doing way better than I thought he would. Wyatt is getting there, a few more accidents, but for just being barely 2, I think he's doing amazingly well.
Tomorrow we have plans to go take the crew to the movies...last week they did pretty good, I'm not holding my breath for tomorrow! I seem to find that if I go into these things with very low expectations, I'm usually not too disappointed with the outcome....try it sometime!

I am so glad the boys had a great day at the pool. Potty training, at some point does get better, and it looks like you are on the better side it, even if they need to pee 20 times during church. I thought at one time Katie was going to be an interior designer of bathrooms. No matter where we were, she had to go the bathroom.
ReplyDeleteGive our pool a few days to warm up, it was freezing today, but Charlee swam between rainstorms. We swim everyday at 2.
Everyday from 2 'til dark 30. No joke. Ya'll should come join us.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had so much fun! I love the little footprint picture!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time at the pool! I love the boys in their life jackets. Too cute. Hate that you have to go to work, but seriously, what are they doing without you?!
ReplyDelete