Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 2...Are you sure they can't go to kindergarten in diapers?!?

This potty thing is kicking my butt (no pun intended). We went through every pair of underwear they own today, and ended up going out and buying more so maybe we could cut down on the number of loads of laundry done daily. Mom also bought them some while she was out and about today, so I think their total number of undies is now around 52 pairs. Hopefully we'll have plenty for tomorrow!

On a good note, Waylon did a little better today. This morning, to be honest, was really pretty awful with trying to get him on the potty, but since him and his Daddy had a heart-to-heart, come to Jesus meeting this afternoon, he's now decided he can get on the potty and *gasp* actually GO!!! It's beside the point that he doesn't "go" until he's empty, so he just ends up peeing about 3 seconds after he gets his drawers back on. Still as yet, it is an improvement from yesterday, so we can only hope it gets better from here.

OK, here's an explanation for this picture. Normally when the boys are done (and you mommies know what I mean by "done") I send them to their beds to get it all out, have some time to themselves, regroup, and then they can come out when they're better. Well, apparently these boys are so stressed out about this potty thing that they've decided they needed some down time and have come together in an act of empathy and brotherly bonding...this is where I found them when I was trying to get them to come "try." (Believe me, finding them like this is a rarity... both of them are VERY possessive of their beds, I guess when you have to share EVERYTHING you stake a claim to what's yours!!)

1 comment:

  1. Well, enjoy your holiday. Just put them outside and let them run around naked today. They can claim as many trees/tires as they want and you won't have to spend the 4th washing undies. It's a long/hard process, but you will be so happy when it is all over.

    ReplyDelete