Friday, July 31, 2009

Back to School

For the first time since I've been in school myself, I am acutely aware that summer is drawing to a close. With being a big kid in the adult world, then having a job, having kids, I never really paid attention to the beginning or end of summer. I couldn't tell you when "back to school" was happening. This year, my Waylon will be starting Pre-K on August 17th. We all know I've had great reservations about him starting school, but as the time gets closer, I'm actually pretty excited. We will go to Pre-K orientation this Monday at TES, where we'll meet his teacher, see his classroom, and finish up all the necessary paperwork for him to start school. I'm sure we'll also receive a massive list of supplies he'll need! I'm kind of excited about going shopping for school supplies. I'm not sure if that's weird, but if it is, it runs in the family because I know my sister Tania loves school supply shopping! I've already bought Way some new school clothes and I must say I'm very proud of myself. I got all these shirts, plus a pair of shorts and a shirt for Wyatt (not pictured) at K-Mart for $24.00! I love a bargain to begin with, and I figured for as friendly as these prices were, I couldn't pass up the good deal, especially since I'm sure he'll get them really messy at school!



You'll have to turn your head sideways, couldn't get this one to load in the right direction

With the start of school coming up, I know our free days of running around are coming to a close since we'll have our first year of conforming to school hours, but I have to say, we've had tons of fun this summer, especially since the boys are now big fans of "swimming." We've spent quite a few Saturdays at the pool, and we've had a blast every time.


Waylon has developed a love of "flying"


Wyatt has developed a love of lounging


We've also had time to just be at home, playing around and being silly....





I'm so excited for this new chapter, but sort of sad to realize that my baby isn't such a baby anymore. These past 3 years have gone by so incredibly fast, and before I know it, both of them will be in school....then what will I do with my days?!? Oh yeah, sleep without earplugs...I forgot about that....mmmmm!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, i cant believe he's starting pre-k! how exciting and sad at the same time!
    Great deal on some back to school clothes! And I agree about school supplies.. I think its a girl thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how ya feel. Besides getting myself ready for "back to school", I can't believe that I am getting Braley ready also. Don't worry the list shouldn't be to bad. However, I am less than excited for rooms on Monday. Hope they will scratch that idea as everything in mine is sitting in a big pile in the center. UHHH, I wish they would finish cleaning so I could get in there and finish. Do you know whos class he going in yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about Way starting school and Wyatt and I having some one on one time together. When you get Way's school supply list, let me know and we can go together to get our kids school supplies. Can't wait for another day of swimming with you and the boys.

    ReplyDelete