Sunday, July 3, 2011

Birthday Party 2011

We had the boys’ birthday party this past Saturday at the Yum Yum Shop.   I kind of “borrowed” the ice cream shop party idea from my friend Ashley after we went to her daughter’s party back in March.  This was probably, by far the easiest party ever.  It was so nice to be able to go in, set up the decorations, have cupcakes & ice cream, and basically be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy some yummy treats!!

We went with a “Thing 1, Thing2” theme this year.  The boys have both developed a love for Dr. Seuss this past year, and we figured we’d incorporate that love into a birthday party!

Aunt Tania is amazing!  She helped out so much, by making the invitations, cupcake toppers & goodie bags.  I’m so thankful for a sister like her!!

Of course, there were no blacked out spots on the real invites!

Birthday invite (2)

The cupcake table

DSCN4546

Up close of the cupcake table and a sneaky Waylon trying to snag a treat!

birthday 2011 (3)

DSCN4547

DSCN4548

I love these pinwheels!

DSCN4549

We had Cat in the Hat “party” hats and coloring pages.

DSCN4550

The goodie bags Aunt Tania put together

DSCN4557

I thought they turned out really cute!

DSCN4558

“Thing 2” birthday boy!

DSCN4552

“Thing 1” birthday boy being crazy!!

DSCN4555DSCN4560

Blowing out the candles…

birthday 2011 (8)

The birthday guests…

birthday 2011 (11)

Sneaky boy, once again…

DSCN4556

Opening presents…

DSCN4574

Once Waylon opened this Thomas set from Nana, he was ready to get it home!

DSCN4575DSCN4592

These boys had a great time and were so happy with their party!  A big “thank you” to everyone who came to help us celebrate! 

DSCN4613

And we know it was a great day and a great time when it ends up like this…

DSCN4642

I’m so happy you two had such a fun party!!  Happy Birthday Boys!!

5 comments:

  1. Turned out so cute! Glad I could help with the location, since I couldn't remember the party. The funny this is, I knew this was gonna happen. When Braley brought me the invitation, it got mixed into my VBS stuff and never and never made it to the calendar. I kept remembering it in the back of my head. Gonna have to have a play date to make it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal this party turned out so cute, wished we would have been in town. The whole idea is adorable..may have to us eyour ideas for Dr.Seuss day.....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a fun time at the party.

    ReplyDelete