Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas on Main Street

Last night we took the boys downtown for Christmas on Main Street.  This was the first year they’d ever been, and we had a really good time!  Most of the local businesses opened their doors and gave out treats of cookies, hot apple cider and hot chocolate for those of us that braved the chill to come out. 

There was a “snow” area with a slide for the kids to sled down.  The boys didn’t know what to think about the snow at first, but then they decided it was ok.  They both loaded up on a “sled” and went down the slide, which made my heart stop for a minute because it was actually pretty fast and at one point they got a little sideways!  It was so fast, in fact, that my slow camera wasn’t able to capture the moment.  Afterward, Jesse asked to see the video…yeah, wish I’d thought of that!  Their little faces looked scared as they were coming down, but they were all smiles and ready to go again once they got off.  Unfortunately, the mile long line was a  bit of a deterrent for going again. 

DSCN3727DSCN3730 DSCN3733

We headed off down the street in search of Santa, and found the doors of the Journal open with plates of cookies and warm apple cider!!  We stopped in for a snack and a visit with Carrie and our friend Allie Claire.  My kids were way more interested in the office supplies than they were in visiting!!  We tried to get a picture of the crew.  They were all so excited.

DSCN3737

After our visit we went and got in line to see Santa.  I was a little nervous, since last year’s Santa experience didn’t go so well, but they LOVED him!!  They both hopped right up on his lap and told their Christmas wishes, then Wyatt proceeded to sing, “Up on the Rooftop” for Santa!  It was the funniest thing, I don’t think ol Santa knew what to think!  I hope Wyatt sings at his Christmas Program as well as he did for Santa!  (Did you notice I put “Santa” 5 times in the last paragraph…Mercy.)

DSCN3740  

After all that, we headed back down the other side of the street for the live Nativity.  The boys were super impressed with the donkeys (donkies?!) and Waylon, who is all into Shrek right now, had some  Nativity donkey vs. Shrek Donkey confusion.  (Lord please forgive us for getting the donkeys mixed up!)DSCN3741

At this point it was getting drizzly and becoming obvious our boys needed to get to bed, so we went on back to the truck to go home.  Not before we did some window train watching though!!DSCN3742

I’m so glad we took them out, we all had a great (not to mention free) time!! 

3 comments:

  1. I missed Christmas on Main this year :( Braley had her first dance reciatl. Looks like everyone had a good time. Glad Santa went well. Now you will have nothing to worry about when we go to the mall, when he comes to parent night or the morning he visits the school. You may have some questions to answer about how he gets around so and never remebers what they told him. That was Braley, "I told him what I wanted didn't he write it down."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the picture of them watching the train in the store window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the snow! So cool. The boys are precious as always... and the pic of them at the journal with allie claire is HILARIOUS. They were all smiles, I see.. ha... :) Looks like a fun night for sure!

    ReplyDelete