Christmas Morning…
I awoke at 7am to the smells of sausage cooking and coffee brewing; and to the sound of….nothing but kitchen noises. The one morning that I’m all excited for the boys to wake up and they sleep in. This was a huge deal. Our kids are ALWAYS up by 6:00am at the absolute latest…every day. I kid you not. Every day. Except for this day. I got up and joined Jesse in the kitchen to get the cinnamon buns going, and the boys FINALLY graced us with their presence around 7:30.
They were both really excited to see what they were getting for Jesus’ birthday. They sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, which was really sweet! Wyatt then blew through all of his presents so fast while Waylon took his time, examining each thing, and wanting to play with it. We actually had to convince him to move on to the next one!
They both got guitars and gun sets…
…which were obviously a big hit!!
Christmas evening we went over to my Mom & Dad’s house for Christmas with my family. We had a great time & ate lots of good food. And also thought it’d be fun to take multiple pictures of each other.
So maybe my Wyatt is a bit obsessed with Woody…except I don’t think Woody totes a gun…but this is what he wanted to wear and hey, it was Christmas.
Me with Mom & Dad…they’re horrible pictures of me, but they’re special because I don’t have many of me with either of my parents.
Papa & Kaelyn…
This Nerf gun that Tyler got turned out to be one of the highlights of the evening…I think I may need one for my birthday. Talk about getting out some pent up aggression, ha!!
Tania really surprised me by putting together this Photo book commemorating our trip to Savannah…I almost cried over it.
Kaelyn was super excited about her new cell phone and was having to take pictures of her with each one of us on the camera phone! (And that’s my kid, whom I think may be picking his nose…gross.)
Kaelyn & I, it’s become a tradition that every time we’re together we take the ol “reach out your arm & get a self portrait” picture!
This is what happens when someone who’s never used your camera takes a picture…I get left in the dark!
15 or so years later, Chuck and I realized we don’t think we’ve ever taken a picture together….or maybe we did on their wedding day, but I was about 13 with frizzy hair & braces...best not bring that up out of the archives!
Nana with Tyler & Kaelyn…of course my crazies wouldn’t get still long enough to take any pictures with anyone!‘
I love the time that we get to spend fellowshipping with our family. We always have such a great time with lots of laughing! These holiday times are truly special to me and I’m so thankful for the crazy crew I’m proud to call my family!
Hoping all of your Christmas’ were as Merry as ours!!

looks like your day was very MERRY!! Glad y'all had a great one!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like y'all had an awesome Christmas! Your boys remind me so much of my boys at that age!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting on my post about my doggies! You ought to think about getting one since the other is out of the question! Cocker Spaniels are very sweet, loyal & wonderful friends. They will stick right with you and want to be your best friend! I would defintely recommend gettting one as a puppy & raising it. :) :)
I love your photobook that Tania surprised you with!!! What an awesome keepsake gift!
Take Care!