Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Piece to the Waylon Puzzle

For any of you that know our family, you know that we’ve been working our hardest to get all of Waylon’s stuff “fixed” so that he can get his speech and motor skills up to par.  We’ve fixed his ears, got him in language & OT at school (where he’s made AMAZING progress over the last year), and now we’re trying to fix his eyes!!  By golly, we’re gonna get this boy on track!!

A few weeks ago we took Waylon to the Dr. for his 4 year well check.  Everything was good, he took his 3 shots like a pro, did everything he was supposed to do.  However, his Dr. did notice a little something with one of his eyes and referred us to the ophthalmologist.

We went to see the eye Dr. on Tuesday, and long story short, it turns out that Way is farsighted and also has an astigmatism in his left eye.  Which means glasses. Joy.

I’m a little nervous about this whole glasses business, getting him used to wearing them is something that I feel will be challenging. 

We’re supposed to pick them up on Friday, and I’ll definitely be posting on how that goes and will get some pictures up.  Warning though, these glasses are not the super cutest things ever made.  We got a pair that are virtually indestructible, so we did sacrifice the cute factor!!!  Oh well, if he’s got them on his sweet little face, I know they’ll be adorable!

5 comments:

  1. So thankful that Waylon has made so much progress over the last year. Can't wait to see his cute little face with some glasses on. I'm sure he'll do fine once he realizes that he can actually see things clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how much that is going to rock his little world but kids are pretty good about moving on right? Can't wait to see pictures; I'm sure he;ll be adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, he'll be adorable in the glasses. I'm glad that y'all bought the heavy-duty pair that won't break easily. I'm thinkin' he's going to need that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord he is not in middle school, pre-k will be a breeze, if you can keep him from taking them off. I think he is pure cuteness with or without glasses! But I was thinking after we talked this morning that you should introduce him to some super hero, cartoon character, or real life person with glasses. Ideally he would think that person was the greatest and therefore relate the glasses to coolness. Just a thought. Good luck this weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is going to be pure genius when ya'll are done with him. He is going to be so adorable.

    ReplyDelete