Thursday, September 23, 2010

Walk it Out

At my job, we make people either very happy or very unhappy, and it all happens in our little room called “triage.”  If you are not in labor, we will send you home.  We understand you may be miserable, we understand you are hurting, yes we can even sympathize and empathize with you because (believe it or not) most of us have been in the throes of labor before.  Point being, we just can’t keep you if that cervix isn’t changing.  We can, however offer suggestions and give you a chance to prove your labor before we send you back home.

Sometimes we will send a girl out to walk for an hour or so, then we’ll recheck her and decide from there whether she stays or goes.  I ran across this video, and let me tell you…the girls we send out walking have NOTHING on this chick.  Apparently she was told by her midwife that she could try to induce her labor by “walking” her baby out….

I wonder if it worked?!

3 comments:

  1. I'm rolling watching this and only slightly wanting to get physically ill. Please NO belly shirts when you're 12 months pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Thankfully I've never had to go to these kind of extremes. :) Our babies were either delivered to our doorstep or picked up from the hospital...apparently the stork just circles our home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my. She can really dance though!!! and y'all NEVER made me walk it out. I think you knew I meant business when I came in and said, i want an epidural and I want Dr. Brazzel. NOW. hee-hee-hee

    ReplyDelete