Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Way & Wy-ism's

Some of the things I post on here that the boys say may or may not interest anyone that may be reading this blog. However, hearing the cute little things they come up with warms my heart, and I don't want to forget. So, since I'm horrible at remembering to write these things down, at times, this blog will be used for my own benefit to remember these moments. Here are a few from the past couple of days.

Waylon has been learning in school how to spell and to recognize his name on sight. One day a couple of weeks ago, he saw his name written on something and pointed to every letter and spelled it out. Then, even bigger surprise, he spelled his name out loud without looking at the letters. I was so ecstatic that I had to call Nana & Aunt Tania to let them hear, & I wouldn't even let Jesse get in the shower when he got home until Waylon showed him what he had learned. Seriously, I don't think I've been so excited over something in a long time!! So the other morning, I told Waylon to go get his pants and get dressed for school. He brings me a pair of jeans and says, "These mine Mommy. These got my name on them."


Maybe that's the reason he'll ONLY wear Wrangler jeans. No other pants have his name on them. So they must not be his.

Wyatt came to me last night saying, "Help! Help Mommy!" I went to where he was playing and the caboose had come unhitched from his train. He said, "Mommy, please fix Thomas Train's mommy." What?!?

I'm guessing because his wooden train is so much bigger than Thomas???

On another train note, the boys have these Thomas's that they fight over ALL THE TIME!! Everybody wants Thomas. I'm not sure why, we don't even watch Thomas, but still as yet, they're obsessed. Nana bought another Thomas and gave to Wyatt this morning along with some extra trailers so that maybe the Thomas dispute could be laid to rest. Wyatt has been going around all morning with those 2 Thomas's saying, "Way Way will be here soon. My broter will be so happy!!" I think he must realize that with 2 Thomas's, life will be better, and he's looking forward to it!
This morning Wyatt came in my room, climbed on my bed, laid on top of me & gave me a huge hug and said, "I love you ever day Mommy." So I said, "I love you everyday too Wyatt. You're my favorite Wyatt." To which he responded, "You're my favorite Way Way too Mommy." I'm not sure where that came from, but I'm hoping it was a huge compliment from his 2 year old perspective!

Waylon, on the other hand, is not such a cheerful riser. He laid all snuggled in his bed this morning, not wanting to get up, and barking orders to Wyatt. It went something like this:

Way: No Wyatt!! You don't turn on that light!

Wy: Don't tell me no Way Way! You not boss! Mommy and Daddy boss!!

Oh goodness, wonder where they've heard that before...

Wyatt loves this new show on Disney called "Chuggington." It's about...you guessed it....trains! It will be over & Wyatt will say, "Oh no! I dust want to watch Chuggiton all day yong!!" He gets very "upset," and I always try to make a big deal about his fake upset so he'll get over it. I tell him to show me his sad face and this is what he does:


They are definitely my most favorite little men in the world, and, in the words of Wyatt, I love them "ever day."

7 comments:

  1. so sweet, crystal! and are you crazy about no one wanting to hear these things? these kind are my favorite posts!!!
    Laughing about the Wranglers, too.... thats just precious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them every day too. I so enjoy reading about all the stuff that they do and say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is this?! Crystal, I'm so glad you posted their sayings. I can hardly wait to hear what all Allie comes up.

    ** I'm 'bout ready to do it again so pencil me in, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! It is so funny to hear what they come up with! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! I LOVE reading their latest. Your little boys come up with some cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These boys should have there own show on Bravo or something. Thanks for sharing these hysterical and precious moments. You reminded me that I need to write down the things my kids say as well.

    ReplyDelete