Monday, March 1, 2010

I Think I Made a Good Decision

This past weekend I had plans for a date on Friday night. Granted, it wasn't a super exciting date, but it was a night out with my hubby and free dinner courtesy of NFRMC and the anniversary dinner they were putting on. Since I've made it to the 5 year mark at my work, I got invited to the dinner. It's kind of a big deal, because I won't get invited again until my 10 year anniversary of working there. I had a new dress, a hair appointment planned, and was looking forward to the evening. Then, Thursday night, while at work, I got the phone call. It was Jesse asking if I really wanted to go to the dinner, or if I'd rather go to Orlando to see GEORGE STRAIT!!! Well, in the 3 seconds it took to process the question and pick my jaw up off the floor, I quickly agreed and started the wheels turning in my head of how I was going to make it work with someone to watch the boys! I called Mom, she said she'd spend the night at my house Friday, and the rest of the night at work dragged on...

Once I got off work, I went to my hair appointment, went and grabbed some goodies for the boys to get Nana through the evening, got home about 1 and we left about 2-ish headed to Orlando. I was SO tired, but excited at the same time, so I only managed about a 30 minute nap somewhere around Ocala.

We made it to the arena, got settled in our seats, and the concert was awesome!! LeAnn Womack opened, then Reba, then George. All three put on a great show! The only downfall was by the end, I was so tired (like, been awake for (no lie) 31 hours tired) and by the time George came out, I was sitting with my head laid over on Jesse's shoulder. People probably thought we were super in love or that I was really bored!

Here are the pictures from the night.

LeeAnn Womack

This guy was cracking us up most of the concert. He had turned to the row behind him (us and some other girls) and said, "I rock harder at 50 than you people do at 30!!"
Clearly he was right...

Maybe he was trying to be like Reba? I actually took a picture of the Jumbo-tron, our seats were good, but not THAT good!!!


Melissa Peterman (aka Barbara Jean on the Reba show) made an appearance and was HILARIOUS!!!

Reba and some of her band members



Be still my heart....






Jesse and I at the end of the concert....not too bad for 31 hours straight!!


I'm so glad we had the opportunity to go! Seeing George Strait is really special to me because that's where we went on our very first date back in 1998!! Seriously, what was he thinking? How does a 17 year old boy top a date to see George?!? By taking his wife 2 more times over the next 12 years I guess!! Love you Jesse, I'm up for 12 more years, and seeing George a few more times is just a bonus!

5 comments:

  1. What a special night for the two of you. Glad you had a great time, and hope that you finally got caught up on your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously... that's probably the only man on earth who could just stand in one place and sing and every woman in the crowd still be in a puddle!! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you look dang good for 31 hours!!! Wow. Secondly, I am some kind of jealous...Reba and George Strait. That's just too much of a good thing. Good for Jesse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun! You looked great with your new hairdo and all, can't wait to see it tonight!! And I am still a little Jealous about the whole George and Reba thing, maybe Jesse and Dallas should talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, yeah, I'd say you made a good decision... anytime George is an option, I'm always going with him! Ha... SOOOOO jealous that you got to go to the concert!!! (but glad at the same time!) So sweet that yalls first day way back when was a gerorge concert... Jesse did good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete