These past couple of weeks have been a little busy, not blog worthy busy, but busy still. I thought I'd post on Waylon's Easter party that was at school last week. I, unfortunately was unable to attend, apparently it's super important to the hospital in which I work for their employees to be certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support...go figure. So, while I was sitting in my 8 hour class of loveliness, Waylon and his Nana were having a grand time at the Easter picnic & egg hunt at TES. I only called them about 3 times. Promise. ("How's he doing? Is he really hunting the eggs? Did you figure the camera out? Did you figure out how to zoom? He ate a hot dog? Really?!?") Here are some pictures of the event:






On to something I was pretty ecstatic about....Waylon had a test on Friday. They do this testing periodically throughout the year, and the last couple of times they did it, Waylon did not do very well. Friday evening I got an excited phone call from his teacher, who said she needed to let me know how he did. Turns out he got 100% on his colors, only got 1 shape wrong, knew 21 of his uppercase letters and 17 lowercase letters!!! I was ready to jump up and down and shout from the rooftops!! This is really big for him. We've known all along that he's smart and he knows things, it was always a matter of trying to get him to be able to pull it out and express what he knows. I am so proud of him, and so thankful to his teachers and the different therapists at school that have worked so hard with him this year!! I know that thank you is not enough, and I'd like to do something special for them at the end of the year. Any ideas?

Crystal, that is HUGE! I can't believe you didn't tell me about Waylon's testing on Saturday. I know, I know things were a bit crazy ;) Good for Waylon!!!! Of course he's smart. He's your baby.
ReplyDeleteMay I suggest a gift certificate to the spa or an edible arrangement.