Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen!" Matthew 28:5-6
Hallelujah what a day of rejoicing!! I'm so glad to serve a risen Savior!! I hope your Easter was as joyous as ours!

We started out our Easter weekend on Saturday. The boys were supposed to go to a birthday party complete with kiddie pools, slip-n-slide and an egg hunt then to our church's Easter Eggstravaganza, but due to Wyatt being sick (again) we decided to forgo both. However, we did bake bunny cookies and color eggs at home on Saturday. Wyatt expressed his excitement that the Easter Bunny was coming to his house while he went night night and he was gonna leave candy and eggs in his basket. We had lots of fun with the eggs, and for some reason I didn't get any pictures of our bunny cookies. They turned out really well!! All it was were the Pillsbury Easter sugar cookies with bunnies stamped on them, which Wyatt "helped" bake. Then, once they were cool, I put cream cheese icing in the middle, then rolled the edges in colored sugar. Super cute and super yummy!!




On Sunday I jumped out of bed to run and get the camera ready when I heard Wyatt talking to himself in his bed, "The Easter Bunny gonna come put some candy and eggs in my basket!" I got to the living room just in time to get the video rolling. I didn't get many pictures of them getting into their baskets, because Daddy was out turkey hunting so I took video for him. I would post the video, but as of today, I have a computer that is not fast enough for my liking to post video. So the pictures I have are of the aftermath of the basket ravaging. What was funny though, was that my early bird Wyatt got up and went through his basket and then yells down the hallway, "Way Way!! Come see you basket!!! The Easter Bunny came to our house!!" So cute!!
Easter Baskets


The aftermath

We went to church and saw the Easter Cantata, followed by a wonderful sermon by Bro. Danny, and baptism. What a wonderful way to end the Easter Service!!

After church we headed to Nana & Poppa's for lunch and the much anticipated egg hunt. We had a great time of fellowship with Tania, Chuck, Tyler & Kaelyn and also Aunt Betty, Jason, Cece, Trevor & Trey. I managed to get pictures of all the kids except Tyler. He & Kaelyn were on their special big kid scavenger egg hunt and Tyler eluded the camera I guess.

Waiting patiently to hunt eggs

Way & Wy with their prize egg money

The boys with their loot

Kaeyln, is she not beautiful?!?

We had a great time, great fun, and great fellowship. I really hope you all had a wonderful Easter and celebrated the Resurrection of our Lord!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like y'all had a blast. I'm glad that the boys had fun with their loot and with the Easter Egg hunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time. Kaelyn resembles you a little bit, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to spend Easter with family yesterday. Those cookies were sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good momma you are! I love the Easter family picture. Y'all are all looking pretty snazzy all dressed up. And those Easter baskets, girl, you did good. No wonder those boys are crazy about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your family Easter picture! So pretty/handsome!!! Cookies sound great! Might have to steal that trick on another holiday! And God love ya for doing the SAME thing in their Easter baskets! I have to do the same in my boys' baskets too or else I get the whole "he got more than I did" tirade.

    ReplyDelete