Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things That Grow

Waylon's class is doing a unit this month on Things That Grow. Today they planted sunflower seeds. They had to dig some dirt with a shovel, fill their cup, and plant the seed. Waylon put his hands in the dirt. Yes. He did. I have the pictures to prove it!! Granted, he wanted to wash his hands as soon as it was said and done, but still, I was proud!!






This kind of cracks me up, I would've done a "Wordless Wednesday" post, but I felt the need to explain. Waylon was eating cereal this afternoon and kept dripping milk on his lap. I gave him a dish towel and told him to lay it across his lap until he got finished. He told me he needed it "like a shirt" and kept trying to keep it up on his chest, so I clothespinned it on him.


Then they both wanted to ride their hand-me-down Dora 4-wheeler, I think they exceeded the weight limit. It didn't go very far!!

5 comments:

  1. You'll have to bring the boys by mom and dad's as soon as the garden starts coming in... we'll let them pick some stuff that grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so exciting! I love the picture of Waylon and his clothespinned "shirt" :) Cute post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so proud of Waylon for participating in planting at school. Loving his "shirt".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now he loves the dirt! He checks on his plant each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crystal! I found your blog through your sister's blog. Your boys are so handsome! I can't wait to check out some of your blogs. :D)

    ReplyDelete