Sunday, June 7, 2009

Off to school...

We went to TES last Friday to have an IEP meeting on Waylon, which is just the technical term for figuring out what kind of therapy and school he'll need for this coming year. (Let me interject here that I have learned my lesson that if I ever have to be in a meeting to make a decision about my child, it is much better done on a full night's sleep. Never again will I try to do one of these things after working all night and being only semi-coherent.) That being said, after only a minor emotional breakdown, we do have a tentative plan for this coming school year. Starting in September, he will go to Language Therapy (AKA Speech) 2 times a week for 30 minutes with Mrs. Angela and a small group in the classroom. If he does well adjusting to this, then in October he will start going to Pre-K everyday from 8:30-11:30. This is (like I said) a tentative plan totally dependent on how he reacts to the big change. I know in my head that this will be good for him, but my heart struggles with him being a brand new 3 year old and going to school everyday (hence the 1/2 days to start). So, once again, please pray for me girls, we all know we'll need it!!

3 comments:

  1. I am excited for Waylon going to school, at the same time I am also sad, as this means he will be leaving my care to go to school. On the other hand, this will give me more one on one time with Wyatt. I know we are going to have us some fun filled days :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well for you. It is scary leaving your baby for the first time. Maybe when he starts going he and Braley will be in the same class and can be friends. I love the idea of all of our kids getting to be friends. You will be in my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are lots of us at TES to love him.... so you know it will soon become his favorite spot.

    ReplyDelete