Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer's on it's way!

Doesn't it seem like summer already? The days are long, it's getting pretty warm outside, and the Watermelon Fairy (AKA Uncle Heath) has come in the night and left us our first melons of the season. (Not too sure he'll take kindly to being called the "Watermelon Fairy"...) Anyway. We had one the other night and not surprisingly, Wyatt ate and loved it, and Waylon was less than enthused. Here are some pictures of the occasion (Waylon was not available during the eating of the melon for photos):


Daddy's big helper
Going in for a bite...


Ummm....that's good!


The aftermath


Despite this summer-y weather, we have had about a week & a half of sick kiddos. Wyatt had it last weekend and now this weekend it's Waylon. He feels so bad, in fact has slept most of the day today, which is not Waylon-like at all. Pray that this leaves us soon and that they don't continue to pass it back and forth.

An update on Waylon: "Mrs. Nancy" from TES (AKA Nana) called to let us know that we have an IEP meeting this Friday the 5th to get a plan together for the coming school year. I'm past the point of worrying, I'm just ready to have a plan & be done! Anyway, any and all prayers for my little family will be greatly appreciated!!





2 comments:

  1. LOVE the watermelon pictures! I'm trying to find the perfect one for the photo I have in mind I'm going to take of Annabelle! :) Will be praying for your IEP... everything is going to be FINE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt is stealing my heart with all his watermelon spread out for sampling! I love it. Hope Waylon will feel better soon. It was good to see y'all on Saturday even though the boys were sick and we were sleep deprived.

    I'll be praying for your big mtg. at TES. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete