Sunday, May 24, 2009
Speech screening update
Here's the update on Waylon's speech screening. I'm pretty sure he's gonna qualify for speech therapy. He was totally distracted in the room we were in, which had pretty much nothing in it, so I'm sure he's probably a tad ADD too. No, seriously, anytime we're in a new place, no matter how sparse the furnishing, he's gotta check it out. And that he did. Which means he didn't do so well on the testing Mrs. Angela was trying to do, which in turn (I'm pretty sure) means he's got a spot on the speech schedule. I guess I'm not giving him as much credit as he deserves, because he did name a few pictures and did a couple of the tasks Mrs. Angela asked him to, but for the most part he wasn't interested and didn't want to participate. Oh, kindergarten is going to be ROUGH!! Thank goodness we have a couple more years to work on attention span and following directions!! We won't find out for sure what the next step is until everything gets processed and we'll go for yet another meeting. This all has to be done before he turns 3, so it'll have to be soon since that is NEXT MONTH!!!!! Holy cow, I can't believe he's going to be 3!! Where has the time gone. Last time I checked, I had an infant and a barely toddler! Now I have 2 half grown young men!! (OK, so maybe I might be exaggerating again.) Point being, I can't believe they're getting so big. Wow, I feel a little old. Sorry for no pictures, but I'm LAZY today and I don't want to wait on my S....L....O....W.... computer to load them!! Maybe I'll be up to it next time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay, so I'm going to step in here and take up for my boy. I don't think he is ADD, if we think about it, anytime any of us are in a new place we all have to check it out. At his age he is very curious and just wants to explore. I'm sure he will be just fine when it is time for him to start kindergarten.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm happy to hear that he will probably qualify for speech therapy. Honestly, I think that every almost-three year-old runs around to check out everything...so no worries there, girl. He'll be fine by the time he's in Kindergarten.
ReplyDeleteHe is not ADD. I don't believe it for a second and if they try to get you to put him on some weird drugs that will alter his little personality (which is adorable) I hope you will tell them to forget it. Waylon is Waylon. God made him just like he is! And a little speech therapy will be just fine. I was just thinking to myself this morning that I wish somebody would have gotten me in some speech therapy at a young age. J got it, but I think I missed out. I know it's easier to say when it's not your own, but honestly Crystal, that boy is going to be just fine!
ReplyDeleteDito what everyone else says. Have you met my son?
ReplyDelete