Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Outing with My Girls

For the past few years, starting with my very first Mother's Day, my sister and I have spent a day together around Mother's Day to enjoy time spent with just us and our mom. No hubbies, no kids (well, except that first year when Wyatt went along in-utero, so I guess that counts...but since then, no kids). Today marked our "girl's day" for this year.

We met up this morning and went to get pedicures. Here's a picture of Mom and Tania "relaxing"...





A pic of my toes, waiting to dry...





And here's the three of us and our finished products. (Can you guess who is who? I guess I gave mine away...darn.)





After we finished with the pedicures it was off to the Ivy House for some yummy lunch, complete with dessert. We all ate so much and were so full we swore we wouldn't be able to eat supper tonight. I think it was definitely worth it, even if I do have to skip supper!

Because of our large lunch, we decided to stop off at an antique store to walk around and burn off some calories. I got a really cool vintage-y mixing bowl (which my Momma bought for me...thanks!) and a wooden truck and trailer for the boys. Mom picked up a step stool and Tania found a cute necklace and earring set. Sorry I don't have pictures, the boys won't let go of the truck and I used my mixing bowl to make Jesse's supper. (After giving it a good washing, I promise!)

We had so much fun and laughed alot. I forget how nice it is to go out, just the 3 of us. I always say we should do it more often, but I'm sure you all know how hard it is to let go and get away from your kiddos. At least we will always have that one day that is special that we can look forward to all year.

On another note, here are some of the boys' latest favorite things.


Wyatt likes stickers...



They're both into books....






And they've combined their love of books with their love of being naked on the potty. (Now if they'd only figure out what to do on the potty, we'd be in business!!)




To all my Mommy friends and family, I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day!



3 comments:

  1. Crystal-
    I had a great day with you and Mom. Can't wait for the next Mom's only outing.

    The boys are just too cute.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah-uh... I am LOVING those two sitting naked on their potty chairs... too funny! What a great picture... that can go on a yearbook page one day! ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have laughed so hard at that picture of the boys reading on the potty. Hysterical, good gracious, I had not even thought about the collective potty training. Wow, you are THE woman! Adam just walked by and said the boys are going to kill you one day for putting that picture on the Internet! Oh well, that day is a long way off.

    I love that you girls get together for a Mothers Day treat! Super jealous over that.

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete