Thursday night, Tania and I went out to dinner and then to FBC Ocala to see Chonda Pierce on her "This Ain't Prettyville" tour. We had a great time and laughed till we cried. It was so nice to get out and go with my most favorite sister (well, only sister, so of course she's my favorite!) just by ourselves.
This evening me, my mom, Tania & our Aunt Betty took another girls' night and went to eat dinner at Yamato's in Gainesville. Aunt Betty had never been before, so we took her for a "happy that school is out and one dinner before you go spend the summer in Alabama" dinner. We had such a good time, we ended up being seated with 2 older ladies and an older man. That was great, but not much of a coincidence since Tania told the hostess, "Could we have a table with no children? If we wanted to eat with kids, we'd have brought our own." This cracked me up!! Of course I was feeling the same, but maybe wouldn't have had the guts to ask. But it never fails, if you go out sans kids, you somehow always end up sitting with or near some of the most obnoxious kids on the planet!! Needless to say, our dinner was tasty and we had a great, kid free meal!
On to the boys...just because my dinner was kid free, doesn't mean this post will be! Mr. Waylon is getting to be quite bossy now that he has words. Him and Wyatt were in the kitchen playing earlier today and Waylon thought that Wyatt was coming after something that he had, so he tells him, "No-no Wyatt. Get in bed. One...two..." Yeah, so maybe he's picked up on a little bit of what Momma & Daddy tell him! It's amazing how much progress he's making. I know he still has alot of catching up to do, but it's so fun getting there! Both of them are REALLY into the movie "Cars." Seriously, if I'd let them, they'd watch it 57 times a day. Every morning they get up and go to the TV and say "Teen on?" (Teen being their word for "Lightning McQueen.") Wyatt found a pair of Cars boxer shorts a couple of nights ago that I'd gotten in a box of hand-me-downs from a girl at work. We've had them for a while, but they were a little big so they just got shoved in their dresser and while I was digging around, he spotted them. Boy howdy. When he saw them, he HAD to have them on. And he thought he was something. Like, modeled for himself in front of the mirror for a while. Speaking of, he LOVES wearing Pull-Ups now, not so much for the potty training (which we still haven't gotten real excited about) but just because he thinks it's cool running around with Lightning McQueen on his heiny. Oh these boys. They are so fun right now. Well, kind of like a "want to pull my hair out" fun, but fun just the same. Here's some random pics from over the past few weeks. (By the way, if you notice that there are a lot more pictures of Wyatt, it's because he's such a HAM and Waylon is not so much into having his picture taken!)
PS: I know there are LOTS of pictures, but I had so many that I wanted to share...
This evening me, my mom, Tania & our Aunt Betty took another girls' night and went to eat dinner at Yamato's in Gainesville. Aunt Betty had never been before, so we took her for a "happy that school is out and one dinner before you go spend the summer in Alabama" dinner. We had such a good time, we ended up being seated with 2 older ladies and an older man. That was great, but not much of a coincidence since Tania told the hostess, "Could we have a table with no children? If we wanted to eat with kids, we'd have brought our own." This cracked me up!! Of course I was feeling the same, but maybe wouldn't have had the guts to ask. But it never fails, if you go out sans kids, you somehow always end up sitting with or near some of the most obnoxious kids on the planet!! Needless to say, our dinner was tasty and we had a great, kid free meal!
On to the boys...just because my dinner was kid free, doesn't mean this post will be! Mr. Waylon is getting to be quite bossy now that he has words. Him and Wyatt were in the kitchen playing earlier today and Waylon thought that Wyatt was coming after something that he had, so he tells him, "No-no Wyatt. Get in bed. One...two..." Yeah, so maybe he's picked up on a little bit of what Momma & Daddy tell him! It's amazing how much progress he's making. I know he still has alot of catching up to do, but it's so fun getting there! Both of them are REALLY into the movie "Cars." Seriously, if I'd let them, they'd watch it 57 times a day. Every morning they get up and go to the TV and say "Teen on?" (Teen being their word for "Lightning McQueen.") Wyatt found a pair of Cars boxer shorts a couple of nights ago that I'd gotten in a box of hand-me-downs from a girl at work. We've had them for a while, but they were a little big so they just got shoved in their dresser and while I was digging around, he spotted them. Boy howdy. When he saw them, he HAD to have them on. And he thought he was something. Like, modeled for himself in front of the mirror for a while. Speaking of, he LOVES wearing Pull-Ups now, not so much for the potty training (which we still haven't gotten real excited about) but just because he thinks it's cool running around with Lightning McQueen on his heiny. Oh these boys. They are so fun right now. Well, kind of like a "want to pull my hair out" fun, but fun just the same. Here's some random pics from over the past few weeks. (By the way, if you notice that there are a lot more pictures of Wyatt, it's because he's such a HAM and Waylon is not so much into having his picture taken!)
PS: I know there are LOTS of pictures, but I had so many that I wanted to share...
Waylon had better start eating before Wyatt starts looking like the "big" brother!
If you give a kid some toothpaste...
...0r a Pop-Tart...
I'd asked him to get the milk out of the fridge...
This is a "John Clark" look for sure...
He likes to snuggle in for a good read...just like Momma!
Finally, I'll "end" with this one...those Cars Pull-ups I was talking about!

Love the pictures of the boys. Had a great time this evening with you, Mom and Aunt Betty. Did I really sound that rude when I asked for a table with no kids? Wasn't trying to be, just wanted a table with no kids tonight. :)
ReplyDeleteThose two are hysterical. I can't remember which one is supposed to be Allie's boyfriend, but let me just say we'll take either one because they are too cute and funny! I love the pictures, especially the ones in black and white, oh and the butt shot! Glad to hear everyone is over the sickness and you have been going on some girls nights. High five to Tania for saving y'all from other people's aggravating kids! I don't blame her one bit.
ReplyDeleteAlright now ...I am missing the boys at church. Steven just asked “where's the girl with the two boys?” We've stolen your seat…. You've gotta come back. For a matter of fact, I can't remember a thing the preacher has said for the last couple of weeks. If you don’t come back soon, I’ll be a backslidden Baptist. :~)
ReplyDeleteI would have loved to gone to the concert and out with Aunt Betty minus my kids.
Some of those pictures should be published in a magazine…they are too cute.