Saturday, June 18, 2011

Swimming Lessons

This past week we’ve spent every evening at our friend K’s pool doing swimming lessons!!  We came in on the 2nd week of a 2 weeks session, so the boys weren’t able to get the whole lesson, but they learned so much in the short time that they had!  It started off with tears…

DSCN4477DSCN4479

And they also liked to play in the shower, having a “bike wash”…

DSCN4457…but by the end of the week, they did so well.  Wyatt is a little fish!  Waylon is a little unsure about swimming underwater, he can do it, but I think it bothers his ears so he’s timid.  Still, I feel a lot better about them being around a pool now.  By no means are they ready to go swim by themselves, but I do feel good that if they go in without their swimmies, they will be able to swim around and not sink straight to the bottom!

It’s so hard to get pictures, because for the majority of the time, they’re underwater!!  I did manage to get a few… Waylon did great!  Here he’s the one underwater :)

DSCN4464  DSCN4469

Wyatt had jumped off of the steps and swam to Ms. Brooke…she was almost as proud as me!

DSCN4484DSCN4485

Loving those upside down goggles!

DSCN4486

I’m going to try to post a video of Wyatt jumping off the diving board!  If it works out, just ignore my fat self and funny sounding voice telling him to “Swim, swim, get your breath, go back under, swim, swim!!”

Wyatt’s First Diving Board Jump with NO SWIMMIES!!

I was honestly really hesitant about doing the swimming lessons, just because I’d heard all kinds of stories about kids who had been traumatized and refused to go back in the pool.  I admit, the first couple of times weren’t what I’d call fun, but I’m so glad we went through with it.  Those boys are so proud of themselves!  (As are myself, their Daddy & the rest of our family!!)

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what I am going to do with my evening now.... oh wait, VBS. I am really proud of all the kids, each of them did an excellent job. I think we will have to have Ms. Brooke back again next year, if she'll have us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! He was swimming Mama!! SO CUTE!!! I love it! It's a wonderful feeling when you realize "they can swim"! so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete