Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rodeo!!

This past week, Wyatt’s class did a unit learning about all things cowboy, and what better way to end the unit than by having a RODEO!!! 

 

DSCN4241

Mrs. H & Mrs. B made helped all the kids make a name & number for their backs, and also spurs for their boots. 

DSCN4220

There were all kinds of competitions that the kids had been practicing all week for.  My favorites were the steer roping…

DSCN4224DSCN4228

…and barrel racing!!

Of course, everyone had to wait their turn to run those barrels!

DSCN4232DSCN4233DSCN4235DSCN4236DSCN4237

I also got a kick out of the “saddle bronc riding!”  Amazingly, all the kids stayed on for the entire 8 seconds!

DSCN4240

Even with all those events, Wyatt still made time for this little lady…

wyatt

I think everyone had a great time.  I know that myself and everyone else who came out to watch did, and we were so proud of our cowboys & cowgirls!! 

DSCN4243

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute little cowboy! He told me all about the Rodeo when he came to stay with me Friday night. Loved having the boys come for a visit this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love it :) Wyatt and Miss Thing look like big stuff standing up there grinning!

    ReplyDelete