Last week marked another big occasion in the Rodgers’ family…the first day of school!! Waylon woke up and pronounced that school was closed and he wasn’t going.
However, Wyatt was very excited and had been anticipating this moment for a while. He was all too excited to get to bed Tuesday night and get his sleep over with so that he could go to school on Wednesday.
Bright and early Wednesday morning we started the routine. Backpacks were filled with new school supplies, lunchboxes were packed, new shoes on & we were ready to go!!
We got into the hallway of their building and their classes both had really cute displays with all the kids names.
I had all intentions of getting pictures of the boys and their teachers, but decided that I didn’t really want photo evidence of all that crying and prying….the boys and I crying and their teachers prying them off of Jesse & I!!
Of course, after we left, we got reports that both of them had calmed down quickly and that they both had good first days, which turned into a good first week.
The drop off still isn’t seamless, but I think after a few more days, it’ll be ok!

When I first looked at the picture of Wyatt I was wondering who that kid was. Didn't even look like him. So glad that the first week went okay. Can't wait to read more about their school days. Glad you are back to "blogging", missed you.
ReplyDeleteThe classroom displays were very cute! So hard to believe they are old enough for school.
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet classrooms they have!!! Your boys are adorable and I'm sure they'll do great!
ReplyDelete