Monday, August 23, 2010

Bugs

The boys have been back to school for one week.  OK, really, not even a whole week.  They’ve been in school for 3 days.  3 days.

And now, on this Monday of the second week of school, my boys are home sick.  What in the world?!?  We’ve gone all summer with no illness, been to the grocery store and (shame, I know) have ridden in those car buggies about 16 times (to which I am proud to say that Publix attaches a can of sanitizing wipes), we’ve been all up in the church nursery & children’s church, we’ve been out to eat way too much, we’ve been to the bowling alley….and we haven’t picked up any bugs, anywhere.  Send them to school for 3 days and it’s a go for germs!

DSCN2988

DSCN2986

Don’t let those pictures fool you!  Those were taken before drugs this morning.  (Which I’d like to point out that I’m really annoyed by the recall on Tylenol & Motrin.  As I discussed with a friend this morning, surely my boys would be all better by now and their fevers would go away much faster if I had some brand name drugs to put in them.  I’m not a drug snob when it comes to myself, but for my kids, I just prefer a brand name…call me crazy) They don’t act sick until that mean old fever starts creeping up, so it’s definitely not a lay around lazy day around here!  (As I sit here, Waylon has just told me he’s a “big ol roll of hay” and he’s rolling around on the floor going, “Whoa, Whoa!!,” which has led to him whacking his foot on the wall with so much drama that he surely must have a broken toe with all that hollering….wait…nope, he’s fine)  They are full on boy WILD today & I’m just hoping that if the fevers have to come back, that they wait till about 2 pm so that we can all go down and nap at the same time!!  Momma has to go to work tonight to pay for the insurance that will surely be put to good use if the beginning of the school year illness has any indication of how the rest of the year will be!

Duty calls…they’ve just called out from my bedroom, “Mommy, come lay in your bed with us!” I better go enjoy it while I can.  I have a feeling that in a few more years, sick days won’t be nearly as sweet!

DSCN2984

4 comments:

  1. Bless your heart!! HOpe everyone gets a good nap today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! It is amazing how fast those bugs start flying. I don't think it was as bad when we were in school was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... hope all is well and the bugs are gone! :) That is crazy that they've gone all summer without anything and get to school for three days and get sick.. thats the way it goes... and I am SO WITH YOU on the drug recall thing. What the heck is up with Children's Zyretc, too? For the past 3 months, I cant find it ANYWHERE... they have a sign out that says there was a "shortage"...and its out of stock everywhere... We've been taking the CVS and Walgreens brand and I swear it doesnt work as good as the name brand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute, even sick!!!

    ReplyDelete