Wednesday, December 9, 2009

If this week gets any better, I think I might just cry

It's only Wednesday. Wow. This week has been pretty eventful already, and we're barely halfway through. Let's start at the beginning.




Monday morning I had a dentist appointment first thing. If that's not a sign of things to come, I don't know what is. I mean, seriously, who makes a dentist appointment for first thing on a Monday! Ridiculous, I know. It's almost like an omen of things to come. Anyway, I took Waylon to school, left Wyatt with Nana at her office with big plans to be Nana's "helper" for the morning. My appointment was at 9:00 for fillings and 10:00 for a cleaning. Well, it took until about 10:30 for my fillings to get finished due to a very difficult top tooth, but that's beside the point. Let me just take a minute to run off track and say that I absolutely HATE going to the dentist!! Like I wish I was a drug taker so I could pop some kind of happy pill before I go. I've never had a bad experience, but the thought of the possibility of a bad experience really freaks me out. So this hour & a half filling business was not making me feel so hot about ever going back. Thank the Lord for the sweet soul who invented the iPod. Back on track now. So it's about 11:00, I'm finishing up with my cleaning and my phone rings. It's Nana calling to say that I need to hurry back because Wyatt has hit his brow on a table and stitches may be necessary. Lovely. Mad rush ensued to meet Mom back at my house to get Wyatt to the doctor. By now, it's about 11:30 and the girl at the office says they can see us at 2:30. OK. So after I not so politely inquire what the heck am I supposed to do for 3 hours with my kid and his bleeding head, miraculously a 12:30 appointment has opened up!



We get to Dr. H's office (and by now I'm only looking a little bit like Quasimodo with my puffed up paralytic, drooling half of my face, but at least my speech wasn't quite so slurred by this point) and they got Wyatt right back, placed him on a papoose board and gave him 4 pretty blue stitches on his noggin. He did not do so hot, was so mad that he was strapped down and kept screaming, "I'm done!! Let me out!! I'm all done!! I want my sticker!!!" After it was over & done, he was completely fine, wanted to get his sticker and go see the ducks. I swear, kids are so resilient! The next day he was at home looking in the mirror at himself and said, "Mommy, these my titches. I like them!"



Wyatt and his "titches"; they're really hard to see in this picture, but it's his left eyebrow. He doesn't sit still long enough for me to get a good picture of it!


The rest of the week so far has been a little crappy just because I feel icky. I went home early from work Monday night because we were overstaffed and my mouth was killing me, then Tuesday I was supposed to go in to work at 11, but they didn't need me, then tonight I wasn't able to go because people don't generally take too kindly to you dripping snot on their brand new baby. I can't imagine why not....

So, this week has to get better, I've got to get better cause I've got big plans for this weekend including a cookie exchange, shopping with my sister, getting stitches removed, a birthday party, and a Christmas Parade. Geez, I'm tired already!

2 comments:

  1. Now that I have stopped laughing at the way you described yourself looking when you got to the Dr's with Wyatt. You need to get better, we've already had to cancel one shopping trip, I would hate to have to cancel another one.

    In response to the comment you left on my blog, you can watch the movie and I'll wrap the gifts, just let me know when you want to get together. You know me, I love to wrap some presents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh honey...I know how you feel!! Monday I had Cattlewomen's meeting, Tuesday I had PTO and SAC at school, last night was Church Banquet, tonight is cookie exchange and tomorrow night is parade and saturday is ab's party...sigh.....
    don't forget the cookies i had to make for tonight and the cake I had to bake for last night! I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete