Friday, November 27, 2009

Maybe I could be a Little bit Martha

Just a short post with a couple of pictures. I'm so proud of myself! I made these little turkey cookies for Waylon's Thanksgiving Picnic at school. They were pretty easy (wait, who am I kidding....the assembly was easy but the decorating part was a little challenging for me). Some of them looked a little "special," but they were tasty & the kids seemed to enjoy them!




Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

48 sugar cookies (3 inches)

1 package (12 ounces) chocolate & marshmallow cookies

1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
1 cup vanilla frosting

Yellow & red food coloring

1) Using a serrated knife, cut 1/2 in. from 1 side of 24 sugar cookies. Using a sharp knife, cut marshmallow cookies in half vertically. Spread chocolate frosting over the bottom of each marshmallow cookie half; align cut edges of a marshmallow cookie & a sugar cookie, and press together to form each turkey body & feathers.

2) Spread chocolate frosting over the cut edges of each turkey; position and attach near the back edge of a whole sugar cookie.

3) Cut a small hole in the corner of a small plastic bag. Insert a round pastry tip; fill bag with 3/4 cup chocolate frosting. Pipe a neck and head on each turkey.

4) Tint 1/2 cup vanilla frosting yellow & 1/2 cup red. With a round pastry tip and yellow frosting, add eyes, beaks & legs. With a round tip and red frosting, pipe tail feathers & wattle (the recipe I found called the wattle a snood...I prefer wattle)

Store in refrigerator.

I know it's too late for Thanksgiving, but I thought these were super cute and maybe someone might want to use it for next year!

2 comments:

  1. Those little turkey cookies look so cute. I bet they tasted great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you, too, Crystal. Those turned out SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete