OK, story #1:
If Your Child Eats 43 Vitamins, it's Scary, but He'll Probably Be OK
(Nice title, huh? I should really write books, or maybe just titles...moving right along)
So, the other day, I gave the boys their vitamins, 2 Cars gummies for Waylon, 2 Nemo gummies for Wyatt. Let it be noted that I usually ALWAYS put the vitamins right back up in the cabinet after dispensing. Except this time. They were both playing with the (child-proof) bottles (I know, I know, call DCF on me now!) re-enacting the scene watched previously on Wonder Pets of the baby chimp with the banana in his ear. I was making coffee & waffles, discussing with them who wanted what for breakfast. The conversation behind me is not any response to my breakfast questions, but this instead, "Baby timp (chimp), get biamins (vitamins) out you ear. Now do you hear me?!?" I turn around to see Waylon with chipmunk cheeks and a Lightning McQueen gummy laying on the floor. The rest went something like this: "Waylon James!!! Give me that bottle!! Did you eat all those vitamins?!?!?" "*gulp* *big grin* I eat biamins Mommy!" So I call Peds after hours that doesn't have a nurse or doctor on the line till 8am (it's now about 7:56) and they advise me to call 911. Ummm....noooo.... I may not be a genius nurse about anything else but birthing babies, and I really don't claim the genius on that either, but something about calling 911 just didn't seem like quite the right thing to do at the time, so I called Poison Control and was reassured (after reciting all vitamin ingredients twice, and making an estimation about exactly how many he ate to which I'm thinking "I don't know, the bottle was almost full, there's now 7 left and I can't ask Waylon because he can barely count to 10, much less 60" So between me & the PC guy, we guessed he had ingested about 43) that Waylon would be fine, just may have a little abdominal upset and rainbow stools for a few days. We were also advised to not give him any vitamins for about a month. Imagine that.
Story #2:
If You're on the Computer, Your Kids Will Waste a Lot of Juice
I was on the computer (bet you didn't see that coming) and had made the boys some PB&J and given them their juice boxes. I get back in the kitchen and find these (no I did not move the same box around and take pictures. This is all for real).
The 2 originals on the table
1 on the counter
2 on the little table
1 in the fridge
Yes, they all have straws in them (which Ms. Rita, Waylon's OT would be super proud of that he did himself) and were drank out of, but none completely empty. Seriously, that was EVERY juice box that was in the fridge just randomly placed around my kitchen. In the same incident, when I went to get wipes to clean their hands & faces from the PB&J, I found Flo hanging out in the wipe box.

Story #3:
Letting Your Child Play in Your Purse in Toys-R-Us Really isn't a Good Idea
We went to Toys-R-Us the other day and were looking around to get ideas for Christmas. Waylon was sitting in the back of the buggy along with my purse. I saw him playing with a Wal-Mart receipt but thought nothing of it. After leaving Toys-R-Us, incredibly not making a purchase, we went to K-Mart. We found a couple of things there, and when I went to pay, I couldn't find my debit card. I was sure that it was in a jacket pocket at home from being at Wal-Mart the night before, which was the last place I'd used my card. Of course, it wasn't in my jacket pocket, or in my jeans pocket (Jesse asks "Check the pants you wore last night when we get home." To which I replied, "It's not in there ding-dong, I've been wearing the same jeans for 3 days!!!" Try to tell me ya'll don't do that (the jeans thing, not the calling your husband "ding-dong" thing). I even called Wal-Mart thinking that the cashier had surely kept my card for herself. No luck. Finally, as a last ditch effort, I called Toys-R-Us and amazingly, some kind soul had found my debit card on the floor and turned it in. Bless their heart. I drove all the way back to town and retrieved my card, all while asking great blessings for the person who turned it in. That's the last time I give Waylon the job of watching Momma's purse.
So there you go Carrie & AC....what's a little pee on the floor anyway! :)

I have laughed so hard reading these stories about your boys.
ReplyDeleteHilarious! I am so glad you write these out, you've got to print them and save them so that the boys can read them oneday!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it! What great memories!
ReplyDelete