Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

This year we had the best Christmas yet since we've had the boys. This is the first year that both of them were really into Christmas and were so excited about it. (Well, I say both of them; Waylon wasn't quite so into it as Wyatt, but still, he understood a lot more than in previous years.)

I wanted to post this picture to show off their stockings, I was really impressed with how they turned out!

For weeks leading up to Christmas, we'd talked about the meaning of Christmas being Jesus' birthday and that we'd be getting presents to celebrate. It would just melt my heart when I would ask them whose birthday was on Christmas & they'd say "Desus." Wyatt was so excited that he'd say on occasion, "I just want to hurry up Christmas!" How stinkin cute is that?!?

I've tried since we've had the boys to come up with some of our own family traditions. We tried the new pajamas for Christmas thing, but that didn't work out so well since my kids have a major aversion to PJ's. We don't do cookies for Santa because Way has an egg allergy and they're both scared of Santa. The only things we do is get new ornaments every year & go to look at Christmas lights. I'm hoping as they get older to add to our list of traditions! This year, Waylon made several ornaments at school to contribute to our 2009 collection. I had to include pictures of them all because they're so precious!
Here's our 2009 ornament that I had done


These are the ones Waylon made at school




This year, instead of driving around numerous neighborhoods we took the boys & my niece Kaelyn over to my work to see the Christmas lights around the pond. This way they could get out, walk the pond and get up close to the lights. They absolutely had a blast and didn't want to leave! Even now, every time we go to town Waylon says he wants to go to Mommy's work and see lights.

The view from across the pond (sorry for the poor quality)

Kaelyn, Waylon & Wyatt

Christmas morning we got up at 5:00 (oh yeah, you read that right, 5:00 AM, seriously) and let the boys open their presents. Wyatt was very much in to it, judging especially by the array of opened and tossed aside gifts surrounding him!!


Waylon was mad because we wouldn't let him play with the camcorder so he didn't want to participate. Every time we'd hand him a gift he'd say, "I don't want it," so Momma & Daddy ended up opening most of his gifts. However, once he saw the opened packages he was super impressed by his scooter and even more so by his Lightning McQueen laptop. Every time anyone would ask him what he wanted for Christmas, he'd say "a computer." For Waylon to voice his opinion and tell us something he really wanted was huge, so of course we had to get him his "computer." After he opened that, we pretty much hung up the hope of him opening anything else since he was so into it!




On Saturday we went over to Nana & Poppa's house to do Christmas with my family. We had such a great time and lots of wonderful food!!

Tyler, Kaelyn, Wyatt & Waylon


We have been so blessed throughout this year. We hope that all of you have also, that you all had a Merry Christmas, and we wish you all a Happy New Year!!

6 comments:

  1. looks like y'all had a wonderful christmas! we did too! your boys are SO stinkin' cute!
    Hubby told me you called this morning and he confirmed your suspicion.......sad.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the ornaments that Waylon made at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love it...love all of Waylon's ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad y'all had such a great Christmas! I can't wait for those school-made ornaments. They are so sweet. Also love the family ornament, that's a really good idea. We may have to try it next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why 5 am????

    Treasure the moments..... They are the 2 cutest boys I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have so many of my ornaments that I made in school... they're some of my favorites! Glad ya'll had such a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete