As my boys are getting older, it’s evident that there is a whole lot of thinking and pondering going on in their little minds, trying to figure this old world out. It never fails if we’re watching TV, and something out of their ordinary comes on, one of them is going to ask if it’s for real or just pretend. I love it when they come up with questions that make us stop and look at things from their perspective. Two (pretty funny, I think) examples:
All four of us were in mine & Jesse’s bed the other night, watching TV before bedtime. Jesse had dozed off, I’m not sure what Wyatt was doing, but Waylon was very engrossed in a particular commercial that had come on. Yes…the dreaded Tampax. The commercial that is sure to come on when you have a group of people watching TV with you. Awkward. I was hoping and praying that he wasn’t going to say or ask anything, because I’m just not ready to go there with him yet. (Surprise to all my friends who are sending their kids to me for the “big talk”…where babies are housed until delivery is one thing…periods…not so ready for that.) Anyway, it was the one for Tampax Radiant where the girl is making all of her problems (including people) just *poof* disappear. After it’s all over, I cringe when I hear, “Mommy?” *big sigh, here we go* “Yes Waylon?” “Mommy, does ‘Pax Radiant makes you invisible?!?” Oh thank Heavens!! All the reply needed was, “No baby, that was just a silly commercial.” Whew!!! Dodged a bullet on that one!
Jesse & Waylon & Wyatt were sitting at the table when Waylon starts singing Francesca Battistelli’s “This is the Stuff.” It all went something like this:
Waylon: I lost my keeeyyssss, in the great unknooowwwnnn, and call me pleeeeaasssse…
Wyatt': WAIT!! I don’t understand…why would anyone want to be called “Please??”
Jesse said (after he finished laughing) that he had to explain to Wyatt that Francesca wasn’t requesting her name be changed to “Please.” Oh. My. Goodness.
These boys are too much.

Lol! You just gotta love kids! I love listening to them talk to hear what they come up with. Francesca is a favorite in our house, too.
ReplyDeleteReading this post is a true laugh out loud moment. Gotta love those boys! Love the stickers on their foreheads.
ReplyDelete