Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of School 2011

I’m so late in posting this, but here are the pictures from the first day of school!

Wyatt went on August 22nd for his first day, here he is all ready to go!

DSCN4891

He is with the same teachers as last year, Mrs. Heather, Mrs. Belinda & Ms. Amanda.  He loves his classroom, his teachers and having most of his friends from last year in his class.  He had a great first day of school, and a great year so far!

IMAG0175IMAG0180

Waylon only went 1 day the first week of school, and he was not too cooperative having his first day of Kindergarten picture taken!  Here’s what we went through to get a decent one!

IMAG0132IMAG0137IMAG0134IMAG0162

DSCN4895DSCN4896 

He started on August 24th.  His teacher this year is Mrs. Janie.

IMAG0172IMAG0174

When he got home the first day, I asked him, “How was Kindergarten?”  He said, “I do not like it.  I didn’t have any fun at all!”  So I asked about Mrs. Janie.  He said “I like Mrs. Janie, but I do not like Kindergarten!”

He then came home the next Monday and said, “I did not have fun at all.  I asked the kids to play and they said no.  Then someone pushed me down and stepped on me!”  Of course, this Momma’s heart was broken for him, so we had a pep talk and he tried again on Tuesday.  Tuesday afternoon I asked how his day was and he was very excited to tell me, “I had a good day!  I asked the kids to play and they said yes, and nobody hit me!!”

That, my friends, is a good day indeed :)

5 comments:

  1. So thankful that Waylon had a better day of school on Tuesday. Love those two boys of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but laugh reading this post! I have said it a hundred times but gosh, I am miss that boy! Thank goodness I got caught up in afterschool today and got to see Waylon, he gave me the biggest hug! I just love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless him, Crystal! That is a memory if I've ever heard it. I am so glad you blogged that conversation!!!

    I miss you friend. Let's have lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! :) Love your blog and I became a follower! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Crystal, our heart just breaks for our kids when it doesn't go well for them! I can tell you it doesn't change even when they get to be 19 & 21!!
    I'm so glad Waylon had much better day on Tues. :) I love your layout...it's beautiful & one I'd pick for mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete