Monday, June 21, 2010

Girl's Night Out

Last Thursday evening, Mom, Tania, Aunt Betty and myself left our families at home and were off to Gainesville for a girl's night to see Chonda Pierce. Tania & I went last year and had a blast, so this time we got tickets for Mom & Aunt Betty to go too.

We had dinner at Blue Highway and then went over to Westside Baptist to get in line. This year was a little better as far as the pushing and shoving was concerned. We came with umbrellas in hand and were prepared to use them as necessary weapons! Thankfully it didn't come to that!




Tania & I had gotten general admission tickets last year, and both had to strain our eyes to see Chonda, so this time we upgraded to the "gold circle" tickets and were able to sit on the 2nd row. I think Chonda was funnier just because we were sitting closer ;)



We had so much fun!! We laughed through dinner, while waiting in line, all through the show, and on the way home (especially since I almost had to throw the ol' Tahoe in 4WD to jump the curb getting out of the church parking lot...the line I was in wasn't moving as fast as the other lines...which led Tania & I to break into song. Don't know if any of you have seen Veggie Tales "A Snoodle's Tale" with the song, "I Like Your Car". The chorus goes, "Whoa-oh, you & me, in our sports utility vehicles...." If you haven't seen it, you should. We watch it with Wyatt about 57 times a day at both of our houses. OK, back on track now) If laughter is the best medicine, surely we're cured of whatever may have been ailing us! The only downside of the whole night was that we didn't get out of there until about 10:15 or so, and our great plans for Starbucks, a muffin, & sitting out under the stars were spoiled!


I'm sorry for the poor pictures of the event, but it was dark in the sanctuary and my camera battery died on me :(


I can't wait until next year! You girls need to plan on having a girls night with your mom's, aunts, cousins and girlfriends. The show is a must see!!


OH!! PS- Head over to Tania's blog. She's doing a giveaway and you only have until the 23rd of this month to enter. Details over there!

4 comments:

  1. I want to go next year! I am itching to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time with you, Mom and Aunt Betty. Starbucks would have been a nice treat, maybe next time.

    Thanks for giving a shout out about my giveaway. (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so meant to buy tickets and then they sold out... :( I want to get a group together next year for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Chonda Pierce! I have one of her DVDs and have seen her on TV before...never been live, but LOVE her!!!

    ReplyDelete