Last Thursday morning, the boys and I loaded up the truck, went and picked up Carrie & Allie, and headed off to Cedar Key. 






Y'all, it was hot!! (As you can tell by that sweaty strand of hair stuck across my forehead!!)

We had big plans for some sun & fun, and the "beach" did not disappoint! I was a little nervous, as both of my kids are usually a little hesitant when it comes to new things, especially new things that involve gritty sand on their picky little feet!! They both did much better than I expected. Waylon was content to fling mud and rocks back into the Gulf, and Wyatt surprised me by digging off for a swim! Allie, well, she did a little of both, but I think that life jacket got the best of her when she got off balance a few times!




The park at the beach has a really cute little playground that all the kids loved! I think the absolute highlight of the park and beach was the shower area where we washed all the sand off...




The park at the beach has a really cute little playground that all the kids loved! I think the absolute highlight of the park and beach was the shower area where we washed all the sand off...

We had lunch at "Coconuts," and luckily got there before we disturbed any of the lunch crowd. It's a cute little restaurant that overlooks the Gulf, which was a great distraction while we waited on our food.



Afterward, we rode around town and found this big guy...

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get 3 kids under 4 years old to look at the camera at the same time?!?
I snagged this cute pic of a first kiss....

I think we all had a really good time and I can't wait to (hopefully) take the boys to the big beach sometime this summer! For another look at our beach day, head over to Carrie's blog and check it out!

cute, cute, cute pics! The kiss is KILLING me... Ha...
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun, Crystal! Can't wait to see y'all on Saturday!
ReplyDeleteGlad y'all had fun in the HEAT!
ReplyDelete