Yesterday was the Fall Festival at
MPBC. I left the boys and went a little early to catch the concert and have time to decorate my trunk in peace for Trunk-or-Treat. Apparently, if you are there childless & free, you get a job. My post was manning the Sack Race. Only problem, as I sat there munching on nachos & cheese, was that everyone had sacked themselves out before I got there with the previous post-manner, so NOBODY was sack racing. I jokingly said to Kimberly as she walked by, "Hey, you wanna race me?," not thinking she'd agree....so we raced. 2 little girls decided to join us; the girls crossed the finish line as Kimberly and I were still rounding the corner, trying desperately not to fall on our faces, and/or pee our pants. Fortunately for all you who may stumble across this blog, I did NOT get any pictures of the (almost painful to watch) event, you can
conjure up your own mental image if you dare, but here's a pic of the sign! By the way, our little stunt did inspire lots of the kids to come over & race, so it helped with publicity!

Mom came out a little later as the festival part was winding down. She brought the boys, Waylon ran around like a crazy man & Wyatt did try a couple of games. He liked the bean bag toss, or in his case, the "walk right up to the hole, stick the bean bag through and look expectantly at the girl running the booth for a prize" game. He also liked the fishing booth and was quite upset when he went back to it after it had closed down and no matter how many times he threw his line over, he couldn't catch a prize!


Trunk-or Treat was fun, I wish I'd gotten more pictures of
everyone's trunks; but all I got were mine & Davina's.


Wyatt sat in the trunk with me handing out candy to the kids. Waylon just sat in my front seat playing with my lights and wipers. When most of the kids were done, sweet Kimberly took Wyatt around with his bucket and showed him what it was all about since I wasn't able to walk him. It didn't take him long to figure out that walk around holding out a bucket and smiling real sweet = CANDY!!!! Waylon, not so much. He just ran around with my
iPod singing "Big Green Tractor." He didn't care about that candy one bit. And still, as the buckets sit with all that candy, Wyatt is quick to inform that it is his "
pupin" and his "
tanny." Waylon lets me dig through his pumpkin all I want & take whatever I want (maybe my behind wishes he were a little more protective over that candy).
Wyatt was eating the loot as he collected!
Wyatt, Charlee & Waylon sampling the goods
We had a great time, although not so sure if it was such a good idea to take borderline sick Wyatt out in the evening air...now we have a sick boy, but he's still enjoying his "
tanny!"
I love this! Looks like y'all had a great time and I sooo wish I could have seen you and Kimberly racing in sacks. Oh what a visual! Waylon and Wyatt crack me up. Those boys are so sweet. I'm missing y'all. We need to eat lunch again soon. CALL ME (:
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a good time. I wonder if Wyatt will share any of his "tanny" with his Aunt Tania?????
ReplyDelete