Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Last Weeks of the First Year of Pre-K

I'm going to try to cram the last few weeks of Pre-K into one blog post! As the school year is winding down, Waylon's class has done a few things that I wanted to share.

A few weeks ago, TES Pre-K went on a fieldtrip to a working 1800's farm. I think the highlight of Waylon's trip (and what he was most looking forward to) was riding the school bus for the first time.

At the farm, we took a tour of the home at the farm. At first, I think Way was really trying to pay attention...

But, after a while decided to check out the doorway...


Then just gave up and went to sit on the porch!!


He was able to wash some clothes...




...and pump some water.



Here's his class:


He's not in this picture, but I thought it was pretty funny!





Since Waylon's birthday falls in June, we didn't want him to miss out on a class party, so we had a little birthday party for him at school.


Complete with an ice cream sandwich "birthday cake."



He also had his end of the year program. He didn't participate hardly any, instead chose to sit, stand, do everything with his shirt pulled up over his face, and at times almost off!!


It seems like not long ago at all I was stressing out over sending him to school. Now, looking back it was the best thing I could've done for him. He has so many people working on his team that have helped him make amazing progress!! I'm ready for summer vacation to relax and not have to get up and get ready for school. Waylon is ready to be done too, he told Tania the other day, "I don't want to go to school. School is over." I'm excited for what next year has to hold, but definitely not in a rush for August to get here!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, Waylon has made so much progress this year at school. I have missed having him here at the house with me though. Love seeing all the pictures you put up of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Waylon has had a blast. And he'll have all summer to rest up for next year. That field trip looks like it was fun. And I LOVED the pic of him at his birthday. The end of year program was too cute. :) I'm glad he had a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Crystal. Glad to hear Waylon is doing good and much relieved to read that everything went okay with Wyatt this morning. You know we were praying hard for y'all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete